Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

most expensive hospital bill?

We had a bill for $11,000 from when DS had a helicopter ride to Children's Hospital in DC for the NICU at 5 days old!!

Luckily, insurance covered most of it or we would never be able to retire.

Re: most expensive hospital bill?

• Options
    close to $55,000 ....there's Berkeley for ya! ?(I stayed an extra 2 days!)
  • Options
    The babies were $100,000 just for their NICU stay...  $1700 a day just for a bed there... $205 every time a Dr looked at them... the kicker on the bill was $240 for "resucitation" (sp?)  Jack was born not breathing and they had tlo work on him for like 30 secs..... best $240 ever spent but come on... that is part of the job for the 14 people that were there when I delivered... geesh!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel your pain...DS was in NICU for 2 weeks imagine that bill! We are still getting them and our insurance sucks b's!
  • Options
    Lol, my cerclage, 4 week hospital stay, plus c/s, NICU time and the million ultrasounds I had rounded to a nice, cool $300,000.
  • Options
    Oh my! And I thought ours was pricey!!
  • Options
    We're at over half a million dollars and the bills keep rolling in. DS was in the NICU for 57 days, had open heart surgery, plus surgery on his nose, surgery on his intestines, and a G-tube placement.
  • Options
    Wow... that sucks! I hope everyone is getting help where they can. I thought my 9,000 was outragous. And thankfully insurance knocked the bill down to a beautiful 404. We paid out of the ass for the insurance though. If we hadn't had to pay the insurance we'd probably had the money to pay out of pocket, but I am glad we had it. It just goes to show how important having insurance is when having kids.
  • Options
    Awww, McBonBon, your son is such a cutie pie!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"