October 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday (Aug 31)

Re: WTF Wednesday (Aug 31)

• Options
    WTF weather. It went from plus 27 sunny and warm to 6 degrees and raining and cold. No end in sight for the rain either. The dreary weather is killing my already low motivation. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just realized my in-laws didn't even send me a birthday card for my birthday. I don't expect gifts, though they've always gotten me one in the past. But WTF, not even a card? I got a birthday text. Humph. Guess I don't have to mark their birthdays either, then.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    WTF these 4 new stretchmarks lmao here i am trying to avoid u at all costs and u go popping up overnight. Thank God you are so worth it!!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    WTF Marshmallow feet! You're ruining what I wear to work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    WTF tropical storms for coming over Labor Day weekend?!?!? 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    wtf traffic this AM. I left the house 30 mins before I needed to start working today to go less than 5 miles up the road to Dunkin Donuts so I could get a pumpkin spice latte. Because of traffic and the monster line at the drive through, I had to turn around and just go home because I would have been late for work... and I just can't justify being late for work as a work from home-er 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited August 2016
    oh.. .and @MRSCORKER... are you on the I love pumpkin bandwagon too? If so, I have a coffee shop suggestion for you. It's a mom and pop type place I go to every time I'm working from the home office because they have the best pumpkin latte I've ever had. EVER.... .AND they serve it year round. So I'm obsessed. lol... if you need this suggestion, let me know and I'll direct message you the name :)

ETA- I also get them for my employees when I'm in town... they're also obsessed lol
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    oh.. .and @MRSCORKER... are you on the I love pumpkin bandwagon too? If so, I have a coffee shop suggestion for you. It's a mom and pop type place I go to every time I'm working from the home office because they have the best pumpkin latte I've ever had. EVER.... .AND they serve it year round. So I'm obsessed. lol... if you need this suggestion, let me know and I'll direct message you the name :)
    Yes please! I love pumpkin but every pumpkin latte I've tried has been too sweet so I'm always on the hunt for one I like!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    F47F47 member
    WTF everything today. Just, really, I'm ready for Thursday.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    F47 said:
    WTF everything today. Just, really, I'm ready for Thursday.
    Totally. Football. Woohoooooo!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    WTF to my swollen feet! Usually they aren't that bad until the end of the day, but they've been noticeably swollen since, like, 10:00 this morning and they're just getting worse. :(

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    WTF to the crickets outside in the early A.M. You're interrupting my sleep. Since Saturday morning  from 4 a.m. until about 6, it has sounded like they were in our master bath, then our master closet, then again in our master bedroom.  Thankfully Sunday morning, my husband heard it and couldn't find any crickets in the house, he thinks they're hanging out on the siding of our house... our bedroom is on the second story... how do they get up there?   
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @SoInLoveCJ2011 haha +1 for the marshmallow feet. I actually debated wearing CROCS into the office because they are the only thing that fit. CROCS. I'm losing it. I stuffed my feet into my flip flops which are just so unprofessional, but I can't fit anything else on. 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited August 2016
    sent! @MRSCORKER... also, now I'm craving it lol... so jealous that I'm not there right now haha
  • Options
    @SoInLoveCJ2011
    @SpaceBurger

STUCK IN BOX**
    lol at marshmallow feet :smiley:
    I have been wearing slippers to work.  They used to be too big, but now they are all that fit my feet besides my sneakers. My boss actually said, 'oh those are cute shoes.' I don't trust her fashion sense anymore.  
    Image result for orthaheel slippers
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    WTF toddler.  I know you're sick, but waking me up at 3:30 a.m. then refusing to go to sleep until 5:30 (just in time for me to get up and shower) is not the way to feel better.  Mama doesn't function well on five hours of sleep.

Also, WTF hemiplegic migraine?  As if migraines weren't bad enough, now I'm getting migraines that mimic stroke symptoms - numbness in my hand and arm, dizziness, confusion and inability to find words.  And I'm not sure if it's related, but I've been having more contractions than usual today.  I'm just happy my husband worked from home today so he could set my son up with Daniel Tiger while I rested for a few hours.

@f47 I second your sentiment.  I just want this day to be over.
  • Options
    @chriscasey33 I kinda like those slippers, too.  :)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @chriscasey33 I kinda like those slippers, too.  :)
    I shouldn't be sooo harsh.  I mean, I did ask for them for Christmas, so I obviously like them too!  But my workplace attire is usually business suits and black pumps, so I had to side-eye my boss.  But it did give me the unofficial go ahead to wear them all the time now!  (I think the fact that they're orthotic makes them frumpier in my mind.)
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    WTF me.... There are so many things i need to be doing both in preparation for Peanut and not. But here i am, still bumping. 
  • Options
    WTF me.... There are so many things i need to be doing both in preparation for Peanut and not. But here i am, still bumping. 
    lol I enjoy our little boat, it's so comfie! I told hubby on the drive home from work that I was going to go in the nursery to try to reorganize a bit, then clean the kitchen....yet I haven't gotten off bump or my recliner since getting home 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think my waxer is leaving and I don't want a new person for next time when I'm freaking 37 weeks pregnant!!! 
  • Options
    @mrszoess ask where they're going and follow?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @bnsmith85 your failed DD run is the saddest thing I've heard  :'( I'm so sorry. I got one on Monday and really want another! Your description of your fave pumpkin spice latte place makes my mouth water! Where do you live again? Haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrszoess I legit told my boss she cannot go on vacation until I get my last pregnancy wax in. Lol. Luckily she ended up going earlier than expected. I would've been so mad if I'd had to have someone else do it!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    After all the work drama I posted 2 (?) weeks ago, today was my first day back and I found out I might get 'laid off' (aka forced to quit) anyway. 

The life skills class I was put in only has ONE student in it (no one knew that would be the case) and this one little (very lovable) girl has the teacher, a full time nurse and 2 aides (1 being me). Apparently the girls mom heard from the school today and they want to either pay for her to switch districts or go back to elementary school. I mean I understand because there is really no use in paying that many staff members for 1 kid, but wtf!? After all of that switching and bs they put me (and a few other aides I found out) through, they might dissolve the room anyway. 

I'm sure they'll try to make something work but at this point, I'm just going to take what comes and recheck vacancies there in January. 
  • Options
    @laurapcos she may start waxing from home but she's not working at all now! I just added her on Fb. my only issue is I prepaid a ton of waxes at the place 
  • Options
    Wtf is the gender of my baby!!! At my 22-week ultrasound they told us it was a boy... Pointed even to a tiny penis seeming thing on the screen. That was 10 weeks ago, during which time we've grown to be very comfortable with the idea of having a little baby boy. Then yesterday at the doctor, he said we needed another ultrasound (to follow up on some kidney development)... he brought out this form with results from the 22-week ultrasound, and THAT said the fetus "identifies to be female"!!! Soooo.... what???  He doesn't know what is the right answer and said that hopefully we can get a clear result at this one.

We would be so happy either way, just really wish we could know! And now I'm not even sure what to believe... here I was thinking one thing for 10 weeks and not really doubting otherwise. now, it's as though we don't have a choice but to be guessing till the end! my brain is spinning with thoughts like, whatever this third ultrasound says, will it actually be believable? 

Dare I say it almost would have been better if we had never found that report, and the baby was just born female without all this pre-emptive confusion. At least it could have been a funny story..... 
  • Options
    @LGW2015 ... RIGHT?! It was a tough start to the morning lol... The other place is in Maryland so I only get it when I go to visit there for work. What I wouldn't give to have one of those places here!
  • Options
    @Kittens22 Unless your baby keeps its legs crossed the whole time, you will most likely get a definite answer at this US. As far along as baby is at this point, your techs would have to suck pretty bad to misidentify the sex considering your baby's genitals are fully formed now.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid oh my gosh, thank you!!!! That's such a relief to know!!
  • Options
    jennielujennielu member
    edited September 2016
    @Kittens22 I worry about the gender thing all the time too because I know they sometimes get it wrong. If my baby is a boy after all, he's going to have a girl's wardrobe for the first several months of life...

Also I like how your baby "identifies to be female". They can tell gender identity from just an ultrasound? :)