Babies on the Brain
Options

Intro: thinking about TTC for #2 in the next year

marijaa333marijaa333 member
edited November 2015 in Babies on the Brain
Hi everyone!

I started my Bump career in TTC>35 and now have a six-month old conceived naturally (with a little help from my friends: temping, charting and OPKs). I recently turned 37. I am nowhere near ready to be pregnant again but given my age, I'm thinking about whether and when to try for #2, and freaking out a bit about the prospect in terms of time, finances, health/energy, and so on.  

This seems like a friendly place to hang out for a while and learn from all of your experiences. I'd especially love to hear from other 35+ moms who would like to take or have taken at least a year "off" before trying for #2.

Re: Intro: thinking about TTC for #2 in the next year

• Options
    I don't think there are many 35+ moms here, but you can always try at the TTC after 35 board. But your always welcome here too.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, @Lysta85! I'm not TTC yet, so TTC>35 isn't quite right. I'm just pondering... :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I'll be TTC #1 soon at 31. In my neck of the woods having kids between 35 and 40 is super common, so I'm sure you'll get some good feedback.
  • Options
    Welcome! I am TTC #1 at 32 after 17 years on BC, and I was nervous about my age vs. my body's ability to bounce back. I've been pleasantly surprised thus far.

You mention that your son was conceived naturally - it must be great to know that you can do it!! Have you thought about how long that took to do, and factored that into your plan?
  • Options
    @Knottie1431870409

I was lucky the first time - it worked pretty quickly. But there's no guarantee it would happen the same way.
  • Options
    @marijaa333 of course, you're right about that!
  • Options
    @marijaa333 I have a friend who was in the same situation as you last year. It might be easier than you think! Their first was a "surprise" and two years later, mid-30s plus PCOS, they decided to try again. She got a little discouraged after a couple of months but ended up with a BFP five or six cycles in.

It's totally anecdotal, but I find sometimes those stories are the best for hope and inspiration.
  • Options
    @maddaddam thanks for the story, @maddaddam ! all we have to go on in these situation are stories... and things can turn on a dime, in either direction!