Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

The 72 hour wait is finally over!

2»

Re: The 72 hour wait is finally over!

• Options
    27alex said:

OP, yes there are individuals that make teen pregnancy work and end up being in great relationships and raise great children.

But you have you think about someone other than yourself. Once you bring a child into this world, you have to think about how your life choices affect them. You choose to be a teen mom, but that baby did not choose to have teen parents.

Every child deserves the best shot at life, and I think you're making a very selfish decision.

@27alex you took the words right out of my mouth with this.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LonniDLonniD member
    edited April 2015
    27alex said:

LonniD said:

Wow!!!  How did you get certified to teach Montessori at 19?  I'm a Montessori alum and I have aunts who teach it so I know it takes an education degree and additional certification.  All and all probably a 5 year process and you did all that one year out of high school...?  Crazy..?  Did you graduate early?

There are a whole lot of super thin skinned people in here. It's sad, I've seen other people post the very same thing. Take a chill pill. This thread ain't me, although I would think a introduction board would be for everyone. I'm beginning to feel as if this is just a bunch of cliques that wanna treat new people as outsiders and pick apart everything they say. This is not your site it's for everyone. Be open minded and realize that people aren't saying things to hurt anyone's feelings. Get your heart off your sleeve or just leave.

Wrong.

I was new about six weeks ago and was welcomed with virtual open arms. Want to know why? 

1. I lurked. I read through posts, saw how things went on the boards, recognized that I was "new" and that some people had been on for awhile and that I needed understand how the board worked.

2. When I posted a stupid post or two (which I did) and was flamed for it, I took it as a learning experience. I apologized, figured out what I had missed in the TOU, and moved on. 

3. I used the search function to check questions that had already been asked so I didn't annoy those people who take time to respond ... so they wouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over again.

4. I didn't expect an established community to change their ways specifically for me because, well, I'm not that special and I don't dictate the internet.
    ^^this

I've only been here a few weeks and I learned more about TTC then I even thought existed. I feel welcomed but more so I'm so grateful for all of the ladies on here and their great advise. This community is to help people TT. using facts. If that's not the type of community that you're looking for that's fine, but then you're probably the one who should leave.
    It's called currently an Assistant teacher working on my Montessori Certificate.
    Lol but that's not what you said.
    Yes it is? I said that I teach at a Montessori School, which is exactly what I do. I really don't understand why you ladies feel like continously arguing with "a child"- since that's what I am. So thank you for the shit welcome and making my original impression of many of you a wrong one. You're not nice, friendly, humorous or welcoming.
  • Options
    LonniD said:

27alex said:

LonniD said:

Wow!!!  How did you get certified to teach Montessori at 19?  I'm a Montessori alum and I have aunts who teach it so I know it takes an education degree and additional certification.  All and all probably a 5 year process and you did all that one year out of high school...?  Crazy..?  Did you graduate early?

There are a whole lot of super thin skinned people in here. It's sad, I've seen other people post the very same thing. Take a chill pill. This thread ain't me, although I would think a introduction board would be for everyone. I'm beginning to feel as if this is just a bunch of cliques that wanna treat new people as outsiders and pick apart everything they say. This is not your site it's for everyone. Be open minded and realize that people aren't saying things to hurt anyone's feelings. Get your heart off your sleeve or just leave.

Wrong.

I was new about six weeks ago and was welcomed with virtual open arms. Want to know why? 

1. I lurked. I read through posts, saw how things went on the boards, recognized that I was "new" and that some people had been on for awhile and that I needed understand how the board worked.

2. When I posted a stupid post or two (which I did) and was flamed for it, I took it as a learning experience. I apologized, figured out what I had missed in the TOU, and moved on. 

3. I used the search function to check questions that had already been asked so I didn't annoy those people who take time to respond ... so they wouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over again.

4. I didn't expect an established community to change their ways specifically for me because, well, I'm not that special and I don't dictate the internet.
    ^^this

I've only been here a few weeks and I learned more about TTC then I even thought existed. I feel welcomed but more so I'm so grateful for all of the ladies on here and their great advise. This community is to help people TT. using facts. If that's not the type of community that you're looking for that's fine, but then you're probably the one who should leave.
    It's called currently an Assistant teacher working on my Montessori Certificate.
    Yes it is? I said that I teach at a Montessori School, which is exactly what I do. I really don't understand why you ladies feel like continously arguing with "a child"- since that's what I am. So thank you for the shit welcome and making my original impression of many of you a wrong one. You're not nice, friendly, humorous or welcoming.
    Had you lurked, you would know why you got flamed.
  • Options

Wrong.

^^this

I have apologized, numerous times and people are still flipping out.
  • Options
    LonniD said:

Wrong.

^^this

So I am finishing up my 3rd year of teaching.  Going through the process of becoming a teacher is long and tough.  When you are doing school full time as well as student teaching full time you do not have time for anything else.  I had days when I would teach all day and afternoon, go to class at night, and then not get home until 10pm.  And you... think you can do this with an infant?

Sorry, but you did not think this out.

I suggest waiting until you finish up your degree and have a job, insurance, and qualify for FMLA. 
  • Options
    LonniD said:

Wrong.

^^this

No one is flipping out...
  • Options
    LonniD said:

27alex said:

LonniD said:

Wrong.

^^this

I thought you weren't returning because we're mean?
    Me: 28, DH: 28
    Diagnosed with PCOS: Summer 2007
    Married: July 2013
    Began TTC: June 2015

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/58d258

• Options

Sigh. Ok.

Listen OP, I can get past the poor choice of words ("raising other people's kids.") I don't think you meant it to be offensive, and as someone who used to teach, I think I know the spirit in which it was meant.

I can also get past the whole debate on your precise position at the school. Not all who teach are actual certified teachers. I'm not interested in splitting those hairs.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not one of the 5 highly suspicious teenage girls who may or may not all be the same person with different user names. But my advice to you is the same as it's been for every other teenager who comes to us looking for advice on TTC:

Wait a few years and live your life.

Im sorry, but over the last few days I feel like I've taken a long time to type out genuine, from-the-heart responses regarding why waiting is in your best interest, and I just can't muster up the energy to do it a fourth time.

But please, please allow yourself the time to enjoy your late adolescence and slowly grow into a woman. I say this kindly, but at 19 you are not a grown woman yet and you should not be entertaining the thought of children. Go be a kid. Enjoy it and embrace it.

Thank you for actually being nice about it and I assure you this is my very first time having an account on this site. I really get what you and many others are saying. I really do, and I appreciate your honesty. I've been around children all my life and I have four younger brothers and a younger sister From ages ranging from 2-12. Maybe being on my own has made me feel a void or something and that is why I'm so stubborn to not give the thought of children at this time in my life up. I do agree I need to get school and all of that out of the way. But really, I just wanted a warm welcoming and positive replies, even if they were constructive criticism.
  • Options
    @LonniD I have only been posting for about a month but have been lurking for several months and these women are not trying to be mean or hurtful. That being said, this is definitely a factual, honest, logical and realistic group of women who offer advice and support but are not going to sugar coat anything because at the end of the day - that does no one any good. If people sugar coated their responses to a 19 year old who is TTC, you may end up with a child before you got the point that school, work, insurance and life experience are all extremely important.

I have learned more than I could have ever imagined about TTC. I honestly would have assumed that I would need a medical degree before I understood so much about my body and my cycle.

The women on this board are being supportive by offering their honest opinions because they genuinely care about the people that are part of this community with them. If you are asking them to understand and look past the way your original post could have come off - you owe it to them to give them the same courtesy. If their responses seem harsh maybe try to look past that and read into the meaning without the tone.

I love being a part of this community and these women literally brighten up my day. It is an amazing place but it isn't for everyone.

Best of luck on your journey and I commend you for taking what @Jessie42613 said to heart because she is a smart cookie :)
    LFAF January Siggy Challenge: TBD so dogs

Me: 27 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 | 12/2014
    IF diagnosis | 12/2015
    IVF #1 | FET 1/6/2017 | Transferring 2
    BFP | 1/11/17
    Ultrasound | 2/6/17 | TWINS!!
    EDD | 9/24/17 | TEAM BLUE!!

Went off BCP/TTC #1 | 12/2014
    No period or ovulation after going off BCP --> Provera | 2/2015; 4/2015; 6/2015 | no ovulation and no period without Provera
    Cyclic Provera to mimic cycle | 7/2015; 8/2015; 9/2015 | no ovulation and no period without Provera
    HSG --> tubes clear & DH SA | 9/2015
    50 mg Clomid + TI | 10/2015 | no response
    100 mg Clomid + TI | 11/2015 | no response
    RE consult & unexplained IF diagnosis | 12/2015
    5 mg Femara + TI | 12/2015 | AF 1/19/16
    5 mg Femara +TI | 1/2016 | AF 2/17/16
    5 mg Femara + TI | 2/2016 | AF 3/19/16
    5 mg Femara + TI | 3/2016 |  AF 4/16/16
    5 mg Femara +TI | 4/2016 | AF 5/19/16
    HSG --> tubes still clear | 4/2016
    5 mg Femara + Ovidrel + IUI | 5/2016 | AF 6/21/16
    5 mg Femara + Ovidrel + IUI | 6/2016 | AF 7/21/16