May 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Boy Nursery Theme

Looking for inspiration for a nursery theme for a baby boy. I've thought about classic Pooh (I loved Pooh as a child), but is it too girly? I'd love to hear your ideas as well! 

Re: Baby Boy Nursery Theme

• Options
    Classic pooh is pretty neutral. I know a mom that did it with her son.

I'm using the 2D zoo fabric. And accessorizing with animals.
                          January Siggy Challenge: You had one job

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Pinterest has a ton of ideas.
    Also there was a thread last month with a lot of ideas and pics posted
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We plan on doing Noah's arc for our baby boy. This took us months to figure out.
  • Options
    EastVannerEastVanner member
    edited January 2015
    These are all great ideas - thanks guys! :)

• Options
    Monkeys & Frogs!! :-D
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    Are you familiar with te Richard Scarry books? I think his illustrations would make a great starting point for a nursery.

We are having a boy and won't have a theme to his nursery. Colors will be mostly white with pops of navy and orange.
    BabyFetus Ticker

So excited for Baby #4!
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of classic pooh but if you like it go for it! It's more for you then the baby anyways. We are doing a rustic outdoorsy theme. We got this crib bedding from target as a starting point.
    Oh my gosh! That's our bedding too--I love it so much!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    We are going to have a few owls in the room, but it's not really the theme. Just a really colorful fun room.
  • Options
    We aren't doing a "theme" but will do the colors navy with pops of lime green. We want to have some sports, some airplane but didn't want it to "themey". 

**SIGGY WARNING**

TTC since Nov 2010 | Me: 29, DH: 31 
    DX - Severe DOR, Stage II Endo
    6 rounds medicated TI, 3 failed IUIs, 2 failed IVFs
    After nearly 4 years of trying, our 1st BFP on IVF #3 (5R, 3M, 3F, 3 day 5 blasts frozen) 
    FET - Beta #1 - 116, Beta #2 - 266!! 1st U/S on 10/6 - HB 121 and measuring perfectly! EDD 5/30/15

Everyone Welcome
    Baseball, Beagles, Beer and Babies Blog

imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We won't have a theme for baby boys nursery. This is the bedding we are using and will paint the walls a light grey. I plan to accessorize with drift wood, mason jars, old alphabet blocks and sea glass DH and I collected while living in Hawaii.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm loving navy and green, slightly nautical theme.  I just can't figure out the paint color.  Light gray or green?  decisions, decisions...

~Mama to two daughters and baby #3 coming soon~
  • Options
    I posted our theme we are going for on my blog... its navy, white, gray... maybe pops of lime green.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!  For our baby boy we are doing a nautical theme.  All we have done so far though are painted the walls blue, but I agree I have been getting a ton of inspiration from pinterest!
  • Options
    I used classic pooh for my nursery 10 years ago and my son is just giving up the wall paint this year! We're moving and he's gifting the paint scheme to the new baby, who's a girl. This is the model we used, though my room is far less fancy. The other picture is of my sons room now, 10 years later!
    I love the idea, in case I wasn't clear!
  • Options
    Monster Jam, specifically, Grave Digger. Make the crib look like it's doing a jump over demo cars. Include giant mud tires.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think Pooh is cute! Go with it.   I also agree with @GFJ48 that the expensive bedding packages are a waste. We did a huge nautical theme from Babies R Us with my DS and didn't even end up using the crib bumper, dust ruffle, or huge blanket that came with it. 

With DD this time around, we're going basic neutral colors (pastel yellow, blue, green) and simple stuff from Target. 
    Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • Options

Our nursery doesn't really have a theme really its more my SO and I style. Our nursery was already painted a dark Purple, Orange and Beige so we decided to leave it that way.

We are making it work for our little boy, Our crib is gray and the rest of the furniture and shelves will be gray and black.

Our baby bedding is from ETSY from RockerByebaby and it is black skulls with a orange fleece color.

We are thinking about getting some How to Train your Dragon Decals for the wall also.

• Options
    The colors we're using are turquoise, lime green, gray and touches of black. I don't really have a theme beyond that but we might incorporate either airplanes or animals. I haven't decided on that part yet.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • Options
    I'm painting the walls light blue and doing gray furniture. I'm into gray and geometric patterns. Not doing a cutesy theme...I guess I'm boring.
  • Options
    We are doing antique transportation theme. Trains, air planes and cars and our colors are grey with pops of blue
  • Options
    We're having Peter Pan but not going crazy with the theme. Just seen some nice wall art and quotes and a lamp shape in the shape of a pirate ship. Think it could also be adapted for a girl if the next addition is a pink one.
  • Options
    @GFJ48‌ these were my exact thoughts when we were deciding on what to do work the room! We landed on navy blue and white with green accents! I love it!
  • Options
    punkycat said:

Our nursery doesn't really have a theme really its more my SO and I style. Our nursery was already painted a dark Purple, Orange and Beige so we decided to leave it that way.

We are making it work for our little boy, Our crib is gray and the rest of the furniture and shelves will be gray and black.

Our baby bedding is from ETSY from RockerByebaby and it is black skulls with a orange fleece color.

We are thinking about getting some How to Train your Dragon Decals for the wall also.

How to train your dragon! Love it! I call LO baby toothless cause we haven't decided on a name yet lol
  • Options
    shoff2 said:

We plan on doing Noah's arc for our baby boy. This took us months to figure out.

Mass genocide. Cute.
  • Options

I posted our theme we are going for on my blog... its navy, white, gray... maybe pops of lime green.

@ mlbrooks619 this is very similar to what I'm doing. Our walls will have wainscotting and then painted gray above it . Here's a picture of the wainscotting that I decided to do.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• Options
    dj99 said:

@ mlbrooks619 this is very similar to what I'm doing. Our walls will have wainscotting and then painted gray above it . Here's a picture of the wainscotting that I decided to do.

Ooooo I love the wainscoting! If we had more time to do that we would- moving beginning of April- cutting it close!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    pinterest is the bomb. I love the rustic but chic woodlands theme.

Me (28) DH (34) actively TTC since 2010

2011 dx by RE: Severe mfi- Treatment option: IVF w/ ICSI ( I declined the RE recommendation to use ds),  2012  IVF#1 w/ICSI long Lupron protocol + follistim + menopour.  Transferred 2 day 3 embys, ended in early m/c, 2013 IVF#2 w/ICSI bcp, lupron, & a lot of friggin follistim. Received a call the morning of transfer that they ceased, 2014  1/11/14 -cycle day 1, unmedicated AI w. DS.  AI #1 1.23.14, scheduled again for 1.25.14, & 1.27.14

My baby lives in my heart.  Juliette Marie 1/17/2008 - forever 

• Options
    You can always add it later @mlbrooks619‌

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me (34) PCOS

DH (36) Poor morphology and motility

TTC since 2011

2013 cycles 1, 2, and 3 on Clomid, all BFN

2013 cycles 4, and 5 IUI with Clomid, both BFN

DH and I took a break for several months

7/15/2014 started Acupuncture 

7/26/2014 start Follistim for IVF cycle, ER on 8/8, develop OHSS, ET almost cancelled

8/13/2014 ET proceeds on our wedding anniversary, transfer 2 5DB, 8/23 BFP

EDD 5/1/2015

• Options
    We are doing a nautical theme since my husband was in the navy :-)
  • Options
    We're doing penguins!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Were doing light gray walls, white furniture and navy accents everywhere... Some pops of orange too.
  • Options
    Kind of aztecy. Navy, gray, white and orange. With foxes
  • Options
    I didn't want to do anything to permanently alter the room, so for my 2 kids plus this one currently stewing I went to second hand book shops and picked a few kids books (where's wally, goodnight moon, spot ect) and framed some of the picture on the walls. That way they have a theme that can easily be changed. And bedding that was gender neutral to be shared between siblings if needed. I think pooh bear is sweet and works for either gender too.
  • Options
    Classic pooh is definitely not too
    Feminine. We did a "puppy" theme with DS, but it was hard to find things.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We aren't doing a theme for our son (still getting used to saying that) we are just having 3 pale grey with a feature wall of bright orange.
    DH is designing a tree silhouette with multi coloured/patterned leaves to go on the orange wall and getting it printed as a wall vinyl at his work.
    This is our first baby so we don't want a typical 'boy' room that won't work if we have a girl in the future. Or something really young that won't last as Bubba grows up.
    Pinterest is where I get most ideas though.
  • Options
    We aren't doing a baby/kid theme. My husband rebuilds classic Chevy's, so we are using photos of our favorites on canvas, with miscellaneous garage stuff here and there. I learned that bedding sets are a waste of money after I had DD, so I'm just buying some blue sheets and callng it a day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We re doing nautical themed navy and red
    Momma to Garrett (8) Makenna (4) Jordynn (3) & Madilynn (2)

Soon to be Momma to Elliott ( 06.04.15 or sooner)
  • Options
    We did a Mario Brothers theme for my son. And by theme I mainly mean artwork. We bought neutral sheets for the crib and painted the walls tan so it would work if we switched themes as he got older.
  • Options
    Benitess21Benitess21 member
    edited January 2015
    We really didn't have a theme to start off with either -- I kind of went off by these old school car models DH has been building. (Works out great, my dad's a mechanic & DH loves old school chevelles) I'm really not a fan of all the cartoon beddings you find in store (just personally feel like they've all been done already or maybe I have too many babies in the family lol) so we will stick to a grey, white, & navy scheme & incorporate some vintage car parts, as well as the models.. something little man can grow into.

Good luck ladies -- next to picking LO's names, I know this is a tough one.
                     ... Our little viking is in the making ... 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"