February 2013 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving Escape Hatch

First, Happy Thanksgiving!  I am thankful for a board of lovely ladies and all of your support and advice and encouragement and commiseration over the past 2.5ish years.  :-)

I figured some of us might need this so... ;-)

I am fully planning on making use of the "Oh, I feel dizzy, I'm going to go lie down for a while" excuse at least a couple of times today.  :-D

Good luck to everyone celebrating!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thanksgiving Escape Hatch

• Options
    Lol! I'm going to need it too! Right now everything is awesome, but that will change. :)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Right now I'm actually at my best friend's house for brunch, but DD insisted ok going upstairs to play with these Beatles Beanie Baby bears my friend has, so now in sitting by myself while DD amuses herself. She says she's dancing with them. ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DC2London said:

My face is warm.

From booze?

My sangria glass keeps magically refilling itself every time I look away, thanks to BIL's wife. She's a good egg, that one. ;-)

• Options
    Well, I am feeling stabby...  We usually have a good time at a huge Thanksgiving event that is open to anyone related to DH's dad, who has 11 siblings.  Most people do things with their immediate families, so only about 50 people come and most are not small children.  This year, one cousin came with her 2.5 year-old and 4 month-old who were completely ill.  Her 2.5 year-old went immediately too bed at this house--too ill to apparently participate at all, and the 4 month-old looked like he was about to die and was sort of wimpering.  I would never ever take my children out like that for their own benefit--if you don't feel like getting out of bed, you shouldn't if you're a child.  Plus, they had already been to two other Thanksgiving events...uh, how much disease can you spread?  The mom was also sick and was complaining about how it was one of the worst sicknesses she'd had.  But they were all over my toddler and even 2-month AJ, who, if you recall, is not supposed to get sick. The mom even leaned into AJ's carrier to visit with him.  Grrr!
  • Options
    Mine went surprisingly well at both households! I had fun. But I wish I had some booze.

And I think DH might poison us tonight. That awful gas the babies had? He's got it now and it's rotten!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Well, I am feeling stabby...  We usually have a good time at a huge Thanksgiving event that is open to anyone related to DH's dad, who has 11 siblings.  Most people do things with their immediate families, so only about 50 people come and most are not small children.  This year, one cousin came with her 2.5 year-old and 4 month-old who were completely ill.  Her 2.5 year-old went immediately too bed at this house--too ill to apparently participate at all, and the 4 month-old looked like he was about to die and was sort of wimpering.  I would never ever take my children out like that for their own benefit--if you don't feel like getting out of bed, you shouldn't if you're a child.  Plus, they had already been to two other Thanksgiving events...uh, how much disease can you spread?  The mom was also sick and was complaining about how it was one of the worst sicknesses she'd had.  But they were all over my toddler and even 2-month AJ, who, if you recall, is not supposed to get sick. The mom even leaned into AJ's carrier to visit with him.  Grrr!
    Wow.  The nerve and complete lack of consideration in people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"