Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Previous placenta abruption and miscarriages

I'm hoping someone can give me some insight. I updated my original post about bleeding, but I think it likely got lost in all the posts. I thought it would bump it up!

I've been having bleeding since Sunday. I went to my doctor's on Tuesday to check my HCG and go back tomorrow for another round. Today I ended up going to the ER because I was having heavier bleeding and bad cramping and my doctor's office was closed. My betas today came back at 1394, but the ultrasound showed a 1.2 cm cyst, which they said could turn into a baby (does that make sense?), but puts me at not quite 5 weeks vs the 6 I thought I was.

I'm really thinking this is not a good sign, I will know tomorrow if my betas went up from Tuesday or down, but I am thinking they went down.

My question is ***living child mentioned***

With my DD in December 2012 I had a placenta abruption and needed to be induced at 37 weeks. They said it was a stable abruption because it kept starting and stopping. Anyhow, if I am indeed miscarrying that will be 2 miscarriages since June. I feel like they are all connected. Could a blood clotting disorder be a common denominator? I never had any testing done after my daughter's birth to see what may have caused the abruption. I definitely plan to bring it up to my doctor at my appointment on Monday, but does anyone think it is worth getting her to test for something? Could they be connected?

TIA!

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

Re: Previous placenta abruption and miscarriages

• Options
    I would be cautious. From what I read, the US did NOT confirm an intrauterine pregnancy yet, so if your betas rise, please please please be aware that it could be an ectopic pregnancy. I would insist on another US in 1wk if your betas rise. If you have any pain be seen immediately.

About the cyst, I'm assuming this was on your ovary? If so, they are likely saying it could be the corpus luteum -- which is a fluid sac left on your ovary after an egg has been released. Again, this really means nothing until an intrauterine pregnancy can be determined.

For your question, I'm not sure about abruption having anything to do with early losses. It wouldn't hurt to ask your OB. Did you have a csection? It's possible to have scar tissue from a csection that can cause early miscarriages.

And for reinforcement, I wouldn't worry about early miscarriage reasons just yet. Please have ectopic on your front radar.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    @KMW08 My understanding from the doctor and ultrasound tech was the cyst was in my uterus. His advice (which I am not following) was to do a follow up with my doctor in 5 weeks for another ultrasound to see if the baby was growing. I am very much not doing that, I'll be going in today for another blood draw and to get my Tuesday results. If they show my numbers are rising I will ask my nurse if I can quickly speak to my doctor for her to explain yesterday's ER results.

I also have/had concerns about an ectopic pregnancy, which is part of why I went in yesterday. Not that I have had any pain that suggestions that as of yet.

As for my DD's birth, it was not a c-section, I had her vaginally. I had read clotting disorders can cause abruptions, and that they can cause miscarriages which is why I was curious.

Thanks for your advice! I'll post again after my blood draw today.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    edited October 2014
    I just wanted to echo KMW08's thoughts on being cautious about a possible ectopic. The cyst is going to be in your uterus, but that does not mean pregnancy is as well. I was 5+ weeks when I went to ER with bleeding and pain. My levels were rising but not doubling and progesterone was low. An u/s showed what was diagnosed as a ruptured cyst, which could have been the corpus luteum or a hemorrhagic cyst, they weren't sure. Nothing else was seen on the u/s, so I was told I was most likely dealing with an early MC. A week later, at my follow up with my o/b (still some discomfort and continued bleeding, which I chalked up to MC symptoms), it was determined I actually had an Ectopic with a ruptured tube, not a cyst. I was sent for immediate surgery. I think 5 weeks for another u/s sounds too long a wait. I hope you contact your Dr and have them check you out sooner than that.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this and hope it is not an ectopic. Once this is resolved, I would ask about clotting testing. Best wishes to you!

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• Options
    I had blighted ovum. Dr seen sac(ER dr called it cyst , idiot) was actually the gestational sac but baby never grew. I had cramping and bleeding. Hcg went up and then down. They had me wait a week(past 7 wks ) to see if any growth. There wasn't so I stopped progesterone to miscarry naturally. I never had clotting or previa so I don't know:( didn't want to scare you with my story just to inform you...good luck today!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Options
    ** update**
    My levels Tuesday were 1241 Thursday were 1394. We did more blood work today and I go in Monday to go over it all. I asked my nurse about an ectopic and she said she would think they would have seen something in a tube yesterday if that was the case. I asked if it was ectopic and there was just nothing to see yet did I have to worry about anything bursting over the weekend and she didn't believe so.
    So more waiting game for me until Monday. It's like living my last m/c all over again where it took them 3 weeks of bleeding and 3 ultrasounds before they decided I needed a d&c because my body wasn't passing anything on it's own.

• Options
    teedaaleeteedaalee member
    edited October 2014

I’m so sorry that you have had to go through the pain of a miscarriage. I will be praying for you. Hang in there in this time. If you ever need to speak with someone, Focus on The Family offers free counseling their number is 1-855-771-4357. I hope you’re doing well today.

teedaalee0712

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"