August 2014 Moms
Options

Have you had a date night yet?

2redtulips2redtulips member
edited October 2014 in August 2014 Moms
Since baby arrived, have you been able to go out alone with your SO?

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

Have you had a date night yet? 170 votes

Yes, we have been out alone more than once
24% 41 votes
Yes, but just once
34% 59 votes
We've only been out with baby in tow
12% 22 votes
Our dates are at home after baby is asleep
2% 5 votes
Dates? What are those?
12% 22 votes
Leaving the house? What's that?
2% 5 votes
No, but we're working on a plan to get out
7% 13 votes
SS, show me results
1% 3 votes

Re: Have you had a date night yet?

• Options
    I said "just once," but that's not technically true. We had my sister babysit so we could volunteer at a special event we do every year. So, we've been out, but not on a date (unless you count our 15-minute stop at a coffee shop on our way to the event).

We've been out to dinner several times with DS in tow, but I am looking forward to some real date nights.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    We don't have family in the area and our babysitter is always busy so no night out. But I am planning a wine tasting party for DH's birthday next month and I've scheduled it for 8pm. So hoping both kiddos are asleep by then and we can have a fun night with friends at home!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went out alone for our anniversary. It was delicious on a few levels. :)
  • Options
    We've been out. But most of our babysitters have been used for me going to dozens of doctors appointments in the past few months. My husband comes to lots of those, too.
  • Options
    We have several friends that would love to babysit.. And I can't WAIT for a night out. However... We are EBF and J still doesn't go down at night very well, and I'd rather us soothe her and get her to sleep rather than make our friends struggle with bedtime. Well probably give it a few more weeks until she's more consistent at night, or try to go on a day date. But what we really want to do is go to our favorite wine bar..
  • Options
    We have been out a couple times without DS1, but with DS2. He has been a pretty mellow baby so totally qualified as a date in our book.
  • Options
    We are so fortunate to have my parents watch DD for a few hours. We went on a double date for lunch at one of H's favorite restaurants and went to a pumpkin patch/corn maze.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We've been out a few times. Two of them my mom came over and basically told us to leave and go have fun and wouldn't take no for an answer. The third time she tried that I asked if we could stay but just go sleep instead, that was a great nap :-)
  • Options
    We went out once for our anniversary. It was great to get some time alone but we were exhausted. It was 2 weeks pp and DS was just starting his reflux issues.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    Last week I did not have to work one afternoon. We sent LO to daycare anyway. We went to lunch, did errands, and took a nap, but DH especially enjoyed having some time just us. We need to arrange for a Friday or Saturday night sitter soon for a true date night!
  • Options
    We just had our first date night on Tuesday. My parents came over and we went to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. It felt so strange to be without her, but we needed the time together. We're hoping to get some time away every couple weeks or so.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My parents are coming out for a visit next week, so maybe we will do something while they are here. No babysitter options though. DD is ebf (pumped bm at DC), and it is looking like I will have travel for work in a few months so saving any extra pumped milk for that possibility.

• Options
    We went out for ice cream when DD was 3 weeks old. We were gone for 30 min. Does that count?

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Options
    We've left her four times to go out. Luckily we have a lot of family in the area.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    Yes, a couple times. MIL is awesome.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Does a trip alone to the urologist for a vasectomy count? That is where we went on a "date." H asked his parents of they would come watch the kids so we could go out but apparently 5:30 was too late for them on a Saturday.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I said yes but just once. We had a wedding just over the border of a surrounding state, so we left DD behind with MIL. It was less than 24 hours we were gone, but it was nice to have an evening of adult entertainment!

Although I have to admit that remembering to pump when you've had too much to drink is hard!

• Options
    When DS goes to bed. Grandparents sit during the day, but there hasn't really been a date night. A wedding at 3 weeks was fun. DH and I mostly get our kicks celebrating "adult time" after DS goes to bed at 8:30. I drink wine during my last pump and then we watch hours of our fav violent / mature tv shows on demand.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Teacher 2007 * Wife 2011 * Proud A14 Momma * Seattle, WA
  • Options
    We've been out to dinner alone twice, to 3 football games, to Halloween Horror Nights, and away for an out-of-state wedding for a weekend. Tonight we're going to a friend's house to watch football and this weekend we'll go to brunch with friends without the little one as well.

We try to do something without her at least once per week.
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    noodles84 said:
    Not yet. We would love too but we don't really have anyone to babysit. I have been thinking about trying care.com or something. I want to find a babysitter we can use at least once a month to get a break.
    While we do have family in the area, they all live about 30 minutes away from us, so I am thinking about interviewing other babysitters through care.com (or similar) as well. It would be nice to have someone close by who can come for 2-3 hours.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    cdseno said:
     but apparently 5:30 was too late for them on a Saturday.
    What? O.o Oh, my.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    We've been out to dinner alone twice, to 3 football games, to Halloween Horror Nights, and away for an out-of-state wedding for a weekend. Tonight we're going to a friend's house to watch football and this weekend we'll go to brunch with friends without the little one as well. We try to do something without her at least once per week.
    Wow! That's amazing. 

Before R. arrived, I swore we would go out all the time. Hasn't happened. You are inspiring me! :)

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    HeatherHam10HeatherHam10 member
    edited October 2014
    We've been out on a date night 3x and had ppl over a couple after ds was asleep. My mom has been so helpful! We're going to a halloween party this weekend and overnight to a cabin treehouse next week also.

Me 28 DH 30

After 4+ years TTC

FET #2 = DS Madden Jeffery <3 July 29, 2014 <3
  • Options
    I'm so jealous of those who have family in town! We are trying a sitter (reference of a neighbor friend) this weekend for a concert 6-10p. I'm sure to be riddled with anxiety the entire time. Every day I think about cancelling. I'm just worried since it's bedtime... But as mentioned, we have no family in town so no other options. We'll see!
    TTC #1 since August 2011 w/ unexplained IF
    09/12-11/13: 3 TIs, 3 IUIs, ICSI/PGS IVF & 2 FETs
    08/14: Our little miracle has FINALLY arrived - 3 years after we started trying!
  • Options
    We don't have family in our area nor do we have someone we would trust with our girls, so no. We just try to make little dates at home. Even if it is just watching tv and having a treat while the girls sleep.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've been out with Nico but not at night. I'm meeting a potential babysitter tomorrow, so excited. If all goes well she'll be our Fri night babysitter so DH & I can have weekly date nights! YES.

• Options
    We've been out to dinner alone twice, to 3 football games, to Halloween Horror Nights, and away for an out-of-state wedding for a weekend. Tonight we're going to a friend's house to watch football and this weekend we'll go to brunch with friends without the little one as well. We try to do something without her at least once per week.
    Wow! That's amazing. 

Before R. arrived, I swore we would go out all the time. Hasn't happened. You are inspiring me! :)
    We're really lucky in that my mom moved 3 miles away from us just before Brooke was born so that she'd be able to babysit whenever we needed. I honestly don't know what we'd do without her. 
    I'm being featured in a new pregnancy/motherhood blog during the month of October, so if you ever wanted to know more about my pregnancy, birth, and motherhood experiences than anyone ever should, check out my posts in the link below! :)

• Options
    We have been out four or five times since DS was born. We also try to go out to lunch once or twice a month during the work week. Its not as relaxing as going out on the weekend but it is nice to have some alone time to catch up. My idea of a perfect date right now though consists of checking myself into a hotel where I can order room service, sleep without interruption, and watch whatever I want on TV with a bottle of wine.
  • Options
    I voted SS- we have lots of family willing to watch LO but when given the option, we choose napping instead of going out.

We are sleepers. It's like a very quiet, relaxing date.
  • Options
    My mom has watched LO during the day a few times for 1-2 hours so I can get errands done. We've taken her out with us to brunch/dinner a few times but haven't left her for a real date night. Hopefully soon, I know my family is willing/wants to watch her, DH and I just aren't sure how long we're comfortable leaving her for yet!
  • Options
    We've gone on one dinner date when my in laws were in town for the weekend, my parents watched her while we went to a karaoke party with our friends, and we just got back from 3 days in vegas for a wedding without the baby. Luckily my parents live close and we have a lot of family very willing to babysit. Pumping in vegas and in the car on the way to Vegas was not very fun. But I was able to bring home some Vegas milk for her :) Dumping the alcoholic milk was sad, I made DH do it.
  • Options
    Venus04Venus04 member
    edited October 2014
    We've been out at least every other week since Munch was born. But we only have one kiddo and family that lives close and always wants to sit with her. We also go out with her in tow probably twice a week.
  • Options
    I have family close, but we haven't been out without baby yet. She's actually the easiest of the three kids right now.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    I am really glad I posted this thread. Every time a new comment pops up, it reminds me to keep on the hunt for a babysitter. 

I am feeling a bit bummed that we haven't been out as much as many of you. That was one of my goals as a new mom! We'll get there, though. I also hope to take a weekend away sometime within the first year.

CafeMom Tickers

• Options
    @sarzer121 - I love that idea!

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"