February 2014 Moms
Options

First birthday ideas

im a few months early but I like to be prepared and have plenty of time to plan, looking for ideas for my sons first birthday. Thoughts?

Re: First birthday ideas

• Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    OMG HOW DID YOU DO THAT @RamFan05 ?? ive never seen that before and now its my favorite!

and bdays.
    ive thought about a Dr. Seuss, or Sesame Street, Curious George. Right now the theme idea of the week is Sock Monkey. were not inviting tons of people, just family, maybe a few close friends who have babies the same age. and a smash cake for sure. 

• Options
    OMG HOW DID YOU DO THAT @RamFan05 ?? ive never seen that before and now its my favorite!

Stuck in the box

lmgtfy.com, type in what you are searching for, and it will give you a link :)
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @golfergirl08 omg me too! lol. and on etsy!

• Options
    @golfergirl08 maybe if you dont want to take it out every year you could do like her first birthday, fifth birthday, and 10th birthday? something like that. 

if you look on etsy theres tons of ideas for non girly parties. like my cousin is doing geometrical shapes. and its looking super cute already! 

• Options
    @golfergirl08‌ one non-girlie party idea I've seen on pinterest that I like is polka dots. Or polka dots and stripes. You could pick 2or 3 colors you like and use them for everything.

• Options
    We did owls for dd - look whoooo's 1! It was super cute. I've been thinking about LO for a couple months. I'm thinking about using a book. We went to a Little Blue Truck Party that was so adorable recently. Of course I'd choose a different one.
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    I think DS1's first birthday was all planned by 9m ... DS2 is turning 9m tomorrow, and I haven't even thought about it.

We did superheroes for DS1: backyard barbecue, live band (FIL's band), 80 of our closest friends. Ya - it was just an excuse to have a huge party.

DS2's party will be a smaller come-see-our-new-house affair. Might have a theme, might not. We'll see.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Am I the only one who won't be throwing a first birthday party? We will have a celebration dinner with a smash cake, but it will just be the three of us. <:-P </p>

We do both every year. A family "party" with just the four of us on their actual birthday, and then a small party the weekend before for our friends and family. Last year for DS1's 3rd birthday, we went to the lakes and had a BBQ just with the 4 of us because brand new baby. I see nothing wrong with your plan. :)
  • Options
    @dreamingbabies Same here. Might be the grandparents too since they are 15 min away. But yeah, that is about it. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options

Am I the only one who won't be throwing a first birthday party? We will have a celebration dinner with a smash cake, but it will just be the three of us. <:-P </p>

We live in an apartment and both have huge families so no official party for us. Probably just us and the grandparents - small dinner and cake smash.
  • Options
    A friend of mine is having hers at a museum that offers kids birthday packages. Is there anything like that around?

BFP #1 11/01/12 M/C 12/22/12 @11w4d

BFP #2 06/04/13 DS born 02/08/14

• Options
    Another non planner here. DD's 6th birthday is the day before his so I'm going to do something for her and just get a mini cake or even a cupcake for him.
  • Options
    BxMama4BxMama4 member
    edited October 2014
    I love neutral parties - Eric Carle, under the sea, that kind of thing. I want to pick something that we won't have to worry (at least not as much) that DS will pick the same theme in a few years. Thus nixing baseball, cars, etc.

We have decided on a Dr. Seuss theme and I am having the best time planning!! We just do a small get together with family so we won't go all out. I'll just do a few decorations, maybe themed food and a cake.

Can NOT believe it is getting so close!
  • Options
    I kinda want a rainbow theme since Jenna is our rainbow. It's really common, but I haven't seen it done around here. There's a million ideas on Pinterest. I need something easy or I'll make myself crazy trying to make everything completely perfect. I thought about ladybugs, I'd do pink and brown instead of red and black, but my crazy SIL used that theme for her daughter's first birthday in 2010 so yup not happening.
    Our baby boy passed to SIDS on 12/6/12http://oi59.tinypic.com/2vaebew.jpg
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    A gift from Heaven...Our Little RAINBOW arrived 1/31/14!

• Options
    @BlueDot818‌ @JoyBaby5‌ You are my sunshine was the theme for DS's first birthday! DD's will be Somewhere over the rainbow :)

• Options
    iwubroryiwubrory member
    edited October 2014

My top 3 I found on pinterest

1. Hot air balloon
    2. Little man
    3. Teddy Bear

I'm hesitating on #3.. I don't want his name to be the theme of his life...

@BlueDot818 I think the teddy bear theme would be cute to commemorate his first year then you can kinda move away from it.

I hesitated doing whales for DS's first birthday but my MIL said something about his first birthday being the only time I'd be able to do it because he'll start having an opinion and/or things he likes that I'll want to go with. I'm so happy I did it. She was totally right. The boy was loving construction vehicles last year so I couldn't resist going with that theme. This year, I'm going to do cars/race cars since he's all about them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    cara5565 said:
    @dnmolakides‌ - Thank you! @MissDemeanor‌ or @Mevaroo‌ - I know you've been asked by others to create different things, so if you have too much on your plate, NBD. But, would one of you be willing to help me with one of these for a charge?

I looked at the Hobbes crochet pattern and I can do it, but can't promise a time line. It depends on how well I can crochet in a moving car. How about I give it a try, and keep you posted
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I've been doing lots of research in this area..January mama here. I'm planning to do a girly winter themed party...pink & snowflakes and tutu dress...at the house with prob 30+ people. I might try to make the cake because in being adventurous plus I have the square pans from my wedding cake so. I could easily do a 2 tier square cake...I just need to figure out where to buy cake glitter...and we'll have finger foods (sausage balls, pigs in blankets, chips and hotel dip, homemade candies) Yeah I've been planning...

what is hotel dip?
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    ^ What she said.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    Team "haven't thought about it" but LO's bday is on the Super Bowl so I guess that settles that theme. I think it will only be my DH, mom and my dad and his wife on the actual day. I will probably do a smaller party a week or so later for friends that have been a part of LO's life over the last year. I get irritated being invited to all these first and second (and third) birthdays for people that don't include us in their lives other times of the year. I know we're all busy but if you haven't bothered to be in touch over the last 6 months I don't really want to buy your child another gift. I dunno I guess that kind of mean on our part? Either way, loving that winter onederland theme ;)
    February Moms August Siggy Challege- Cats in Space- M-M-M-M-Meowwww

• Options
    @ivedonethisb4, I've bought glitter to decorate a cake before. Maybe at Michael's, I think? By the Wilton stuff.

Just found it on Wilton's website. It's called pearl dust and it comes in a ton of colors :) This picture doesn't really do it justice. It leaves a nice shimmer :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"