October 2013 Moms
Options

If I could turn back tiimmmmeeeeeee

Anyone in here wish they had chosen a different major in college?  If you could go back what would get your degree in?
image  image
Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

Re: If I could turn back tiimmmmeeeeeee

• Options
    Lol I didn't even use my major. If I did not have to worry about employment after I would have switched to art history. I had a real knack for it.
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    bkeane619 said:

Lol I didn't even use my major. If I did not have to worry about employment after I would have switched to art history. I had a real knack for it.

OMG loooooove art history. I took a class because I thought it would be easy (it was but that's not the point), and I ended up taking a bunch more for fun. Love it!

imageimage    

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I loved my classes and my degrees, but sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I was a psychologist.

And now I have Cher stuck in my head.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thought this was going to be about Cher. And now I want to watch Will and Grace. I didn't finish college but I would have went to Pharmacy school.
    In my head Jack is obvi singing the title

Katie619 said:
    I like where I ended up, but I wish I knew there was a much less expensive way to get there when I started college. I also wish I didn't go to college right out of high school and took more time to figure out what I wanted to do. So much wasted money, %studentloans.
    Exactly! Sally Mae can eat a dick
    image  image

• Options
    muffyvonmuffmuffyvonmuff member
    edited October 2014
    I would def change my major.  I think I would have loved graphic design and it would have led to a profitable career.  I also would have loved a trade of some sort.  Like Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing or even auto repair.  Even if you don't use those degrees for future employment you can save money by not hiring those people.  Every time I hire an electrician is at least $150 an hour, sign me up! 
    image  image

• Options
    my major got me to where i am, and i'm (generally) happy where i am...i chose my major because it was the fewest credits required to get any bachelors degree at my school (only shorter by like 3 credit hours through the course of 4 years)...and i'm lazy.

i did think about doing polisci and law, too..but never thought i'd make it in those fields being 5'1 and squeaky.

• Options
    I definitely regret what I majored in (see UO).  I wish I became a speech pathologist, like my mother suggested.

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• Options
    I have a degree in criminal justice. I had big lawyer plans until I got to college and realized I didn't want that. Then I had other plans that never worked out in that field.

I wish I had gone into business. I'm really good at it and now that I'm looking for a new job that's the ones I look at most.
  • Options
    ksimo6ksimo6 member
    edited October 2014
    I would go to the police academy and become a detective.  I would love to work on cold cases and bust some dirty rotten bastards.
    • Married 6/1/2012
    • BFP #1 - 11/17/2012 -  MC 12/10/2012
    • BFP #2 - 2/12/2013 - EDD 10/17/2013 - DD Born 10/10/2013
    • BFP #3 - 1/29/2014 - Ectopic pregnancy discovered 1/31/2014
    • BFP #4 - 9/28/2014 - EDD 6/4/2015 - DS Born 5/31/2015

• Options
    I loved earning my degree and I loved law school but I really have no desire to be in a court room. I wish I knew how much I would hate being an attorney before I put in the money and time. I appreciate that i can work part time from home. I have been looking into alternative career paths to persue once my babies are older. I love to learn and research and would love to be a professor.

• Options
    @tashad18‌ Is it just court you hate? Have you looked into collaborative law?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    NRyan55 said:
    @Muffyvonmuff what did you major in?

BA of Science in Baking and Pastry arts…..yea I can make a cake…so whoop di doo.  The food science is interesting but I have no desire to work in a pastry kitchen again.  

I wanted to go to art school and my Dad said that was a degree with no future.  I thought making fun cakes was still artsy so I did that instead.  Dont get me wrong I really love the decorating aspect and I have lots of fun, but there isn't much money there.  
    image  image

• Options
    Finance because doll hairs. 

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    Sometimes I wish I had picked something more active, like I dunno, being a personal trainer or something like that. I get sick of sitting at a desk.
  • Options
    I think about this a lot. I majored in Accounting but if I had a do over it would be Nutrition and I would also take photography classes.

• Options
    petdocd said:
    I would still be a vet, but I would probably go on to specialize in something (parasitology, cardiology, idk). The thought of going back to school seems really daunting after being away for a few years.
    You can do it!

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    I would have majored in information technology or library science. I worked in the law library while in law school. I would love to have become a research librarian.
    November: Doing my own thing

• Options
    sweettooth87sweettooth87 member
    edited October 2014
    I majored in marketing and a concentration in international finance for practicality purposes. I buy airplanes, but it is definitely not my dream job.I also have an MBA. The only regret there is not going ivy. 

My dream job has always been an Erin Andrews type career, but i knew that was 99.9% unlikely so I chose the practical route. I would still choose the same major because I'm practical and like stability. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DSC_0552-2  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I initially read this title whilst waiting for our calzones.  Thank you for upping my Cher impersonation game.

• Options
    Great motherfucking ohmygawd, now I have this stupid ass song stuck in my head again...  

• Options
    Probably wouldn't change a thing. I majored in Accounting in undergrad fully intending to go to law school. Never wanted to be in the courtroom, so I concentrated on intellectual property and estate planning.

In my prior job, I used both degrees extensively. Current job I am more focused on the accounting side of things. I miss negotiating contracts, but I love the extra time I have with my family.
  • Options
    I always wanted to join the military or be a state trooper. I just got accepted into a college to start criminal justice a couple days after I found out I was pregnant with my first.
  • Options
    I'm back in school 10 years after I got my BA. I knew in school that I didn't want to go into the field I got my degree in, but I didn't want to start all over again, so I just went through with it. It got me some great jobs, so it wasn't useless, just not what I'm passionate about. I'm glad I'm going back. I feel like I really know what I'd like to do now

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"