Cloth Diapering
Options

Sarenu

Free shipping today at Childrens Place :)
imageimageimage
imageimage
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
It all revolves around you.

Re: Sarenu

• Options
    Old Navy, Gap, Crewcuts, random stuff from Crazy 8s and Childrens Place, but those two are pretty hit or miss for me. I still buy stuff from Carters but I only tend to go for their plain stuff.

I'm just looking forward to when I have the energy to make her clothes again because then I get exactly what I want.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    Gap, old navy, carters, target, and children's place. Also, resale places and events.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need some help. What color pants should I order. I got shirts from the store but I still have one more coupon.

I'm thinking black and the rose berry.
  • Options
    We went on a shopping spree in Freeport, ME when we were "back home" a couple of weeks ago. Lots of good deals at LL Bean and the Gymboree and GAP outlets. Plus, everything is cheaper in the U.S., so even if we weren't getting terribly steep discounts, we still felt like we were saving money.
  • Options
    We went on a shopping spree in Freeport, ME when we were "back home" a couple of weeks ago. Lots of good deals at LL Bean and the Gymboree and GAP outlets. Plus, everything is cheaper in the U.S., so even if we weren't getting terribly steep discounts, we still felt like we were saving money.
    Its like I'm following you around, I know.

I was just in Kittery ME and did some outlet shopping - but Maine has 8% sales tax so YUCK.  We almost went to Freeport too :)  Oh I haven't looked at gymboree in a while.

And is it me or are outlets not really outlets anymore?
    LOL! We stopped in Kittery, too, but at that point we were done shopping for kid stuff. 

I think with outlets that it's always been the case that you get good deals on some stuff, but other stuff you have to really know what you're doing to know if you are getting good prices or not. I usually just go for the buy one, get half off kind of deals. Otherwise I'm not that much of a shopper so I figure I'm taking my chances on prices with anything other than socks and underwear.

Is it still that case that there's no sales tax on clothing in PA? Maybe you could plan a shopping trip down that way.
  • Options
    Outlet stores are their own line for most stores. So in the case of Gap, they would purchase clothes for Gap and Gap outlet. It's not seconds or discontued items.
  • Options
    When we lived in Seattle my plan was to do most of our shopping at the children's consignment stores, of which Seattle has a few.

There are also seasonal secondhand/gently used events in some communities. We have had good luck with those, when we can manage to get to them.
  • Options
    That isn't normal?!?!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Options

Lol @ 8% sales tax = yuck

For real! 8% is the norm here, and I think it's actually 9.5% where I live.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I love Old Navy and Osh-Kosh. Gap is adorable but too spendy for me. And Target has good stuff too.
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Don't shop in downtown Chicago, I believe it's double digit sales tax there.
  • Options

Yeah, isn't it like 18% or something?

Thought it was 12%, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    I hate little kid clothes shopping.  Carter's just makes me irate: blue and stripes for boys.  how original

We have some garanimals and they're stuff is plain.  I like them too
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I have bought maybe 3 or 4 things new for both my kids, and those were target Clearence. Everything else has been used. I don't honk I've ever spent more than $4 on a single item
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I did really good until I hit 3T for my daughter. A lot of the hand me downs are now worn out from 3 cousins. But I still only spend minimal to fill in.

Pants don't always survive 3 cousins.
  • Options
    My daughter will not wear dresses.  I've tried.

She won't even wear skirts. 

I miss the day when she didn't have an opinion about what she was wearing.
  • Options
    sarenu1 said:

My daughter will not wear dresses.  I've tried.

She won't even wear skirts. 

I miss the day when she didn't have an opinion about what she was wearing.
    R went though a period of time where all she wanted to wear were dresses. "Pretty dresses" to be exact. I got a little scared because I'm a big tomboy and not into tutus and frills.

I think after age 1 or 2, parents pretty much lose control of what their daughters are going to wear. Lord help us when they turn 13!
                          PitaPata Dog tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"