Infertility
Options

When to take thyroid medicine

I'm trying to figure out when to take my thyroid medication (levothyroxide). The written directions say to take it in the morning, but this seems very inconvenient because I like to have an early breakfast and that's also when I take my supplements (including a prenatal with calcium and iron). Does anyone take their thyroid medicine at night (on an empty stomach of course). Thanks ina dvance for your input!

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: When to take thyroid medicine

• Options
    I take mine in the AM on an empty stomach 30 to 60 minutes before breakfast. I take my prenatal at night per my RE's instructions.
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• Options
    Yes have been taking it at night for years for the same reasons and the dr. was fine with this. I take it right before bed and just make sure I haven't eaten anything in the last 1.5-2 hrs prior. 

**Signature Warning**

TTC since July 2013
    DX: Unexplained or possibly DOR and DH 2% morph
    3 IUIs May-July: all BFN
    IVF Sept 2014: 12R 10M 8F, 5 day eSET 9/15, 4 frosties
    Beta #1 353, Beta #2 651, EDD June 3

TRUST in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    yes to what PP said.  DH takes his at night on an empty stomach and it hasn't failed him yet :)

***siggy/ticker warning***

TTC#1 since 2010 Me: 30 DH:35 
     Dx: unexplained
    4 failed IUI's (2 clomid, 2 Gonal-F)
    IVF/ICSI#1: April 2014 (24 retrieved,14 fertilized, 5dt of 2 embryos and 6 frozen) Beta 5/10- BFN
    Hysteroscopy :  August 2014 (adhesions, and pre-polyps found and removed)
    FET#1: September 11th, 2 hatching frosties transferred
    1st Beta 9/22: 896 2nd Beta: 1924
    EDD: 5/30/15

image image

• Options
    Whatever you do, do not take the levothyroxine with the prenatal. Calcium and iron both interfere with the absorption if taken too close together. My doctors were very clear about that. Otherwise, I don't think it really matters if it is in the am or pm, just so long as it is on an empty stomach.

*************Siggy Warning. Loss mentioned.************

Me: 36, DH:37

Married 4/2010, TTC since 7/2011

Dx: Officially Unexplained (I have Polycystic Ovaries diagnosed via ultrasound, but few classic PCOS symptoms, he has mild MF issues. So... not issue free, but nothing so severe as to explain IF)

I also deal with post-surgical Hypothyroidism following Thyroid Cancer in 2009, but under control with Levothyroxine

4 months Clomid (thinned lining) and 10 months Letrozole (every indication that I responded perfectly)

6 failed IUIs in 2013, 3 with trigger

IVF #1 in March 2014

ER 3/21/14, 31R/21F, 12 frosties!

ET 3/26/14, 1 perfect blast transferred: BFN

FET#1 5/28/14, 2 "beautiful" early blasts transferred. BFP!!

Beta #1 (6/11/14) 798; Beta #2 (6/18/14) 7,966.

1st u/s (6/25/14) showed 2 sacs, 1 empty & 1 with a beautiful little bean doing what it needs to do!

EDD 2/14/15, missed miscarriage, DX: Trisomy 21. D&C 8/1/14

FET#2 Transferred 3 embies, 2 looking pretty good, one not so much. BFN.

IVF#2 January 2015, tentative ER 1/23

• Options
    Morning or evening works, as long as it's on an empty stomach.  I do morning and just keep a glass of water and the pills right by my bed. I take them immediately after taking my temp.  I find that by the time I shower and get dressed it has been nearly 30 mins anyway. The main thing is to be consistent with how/when you take the meds.  If you are consistent, your doc can get you on a dose that works for your regimen.  
  • Options
    I take my prenatal at night.  I pretty much always wake up to pee an hour before I actually have to be up.  So, I keep a water bottle and the levothyroxine in my bathroom and take them at that time.  That way I can eat breakfast as soon as I get up to stay up.
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • Options

Time doesn't matter as long as you haven't eaten 2 hours prior & don't eat until an hour later.

I find it easier to take as soon as I'm up, I keep it by my bed.

DH :  36, has Chronic Kidney Disease, on dialysis & is waiting on the transplant list (average wait for B+ is 5 years)

Me:   36, Hypothyroidism, PCOS, BMI 32, need to be done with "child bearing" ASAP so that I can be a Kidney donor (was fun realizing we didn't as much time as we thought :-/ )

We're TTC#1

IUI #1 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + Ovidrel Trigger + Had the one follicle = BFN  (March 2014)

IUI #2 : 5mcg Letrozole (CD 3-7) + 150 iu Bravelle on CD9 (after much begging!) + Had the one follicle = BFN (April 2014)

7th May 2014 - changed REs, this one seems to care (we think....)

IUI #3 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 3 follicles (2 under 15mm) = BFN(May 2014)

IUI #4 : 7mcg Letrozole (CD 3- 7) + 75 iu Bravelle (CD 8-12) + CD12 Scan 5/16 + Had 1 follicle + DH gave best sample so far = BFN(June 2014)

IVF#1 -  ER Only Cycle Sept-Oct 2014, 17  eggs Retrieved, 14 mature, 10 fertilized, 6 made it to Blast & post PGS  5 were not viable due to chromosomal abnormalities
    Not sure where we go from here...

We're parents to two very adorable, bratty, affectionate & goofy Bernese Mountain Dog pups who would very much like a 2 legged baby brother or sister of their own!

• Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I'm going to take it tonight (I eat dinner early so it's easy to take it on an empty stomach before bed).

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Just a heads-up that I had trouble sleeping when I first started taking it, so it might keep you up at night if you're taking it in the evening. Once my body got used to it though, it didn't cause any issues, so just keep at it! And definitely take it away from other supplements (particularly calcium). I take mine first thing in the morning, then supplements at lunch and at dinner, but I also eat breakfast at work because I feel yucky if I eat first thing.
    image imageimage

***EVERYONE WELCOME***
    TTC #2 with assistance since 03/11
    Me: 33, Autoimmune (Hashimotos and FMS/CFS)
    Treated with Synthroid, acupuncture, TCM and supplements
    DH: 33, MFI (very low on all counts, high antibodies, hemochromatosis)
    Many treatments tried, none successful

IVF/ICSI #1 05/14 - EPP/Antagonist, Gonal-F and Luveris, 18R, 14M, 13F - SET of 1BC, all arrested on day 5 - C/P
    Genetic testing = normal, DNA Frag = excellent
    IVF #2 03/15 - Long protocol with Suprefact, Gonal-F, and possibly Luveris, adding in PICSI

• Options
    I take my Synthroid at 6am with a full glass of water. I don't eat anything until 8am. I don't have any dairy until at least 11am. No walnuts until after noon.
    I take my prenatal and supplements at 6pm.
    TTC since May 2012
    Me: 32 H: 31
    DX: MFI-Very Low Count, I have Hashimotos.
    IVF prep September 2013 cancelled due to Ovarian Cyst
    IVF #1 October 2013 Antagonistic Protocol with ICSI  ER 10/31/13 (18R 16M 11F- 6 blasts to freeze)
    ET delayed due to OHSS 
    FET scheduled for July 8. Delayed due to a crazy high TSH (it had been under control for YEARS!)
    FET #1 8/5/14 sET BFN 

All welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"