Breastfeeding
Options

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 6/23

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday morning on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in! To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog (www.mspimoms.blogspot.com).

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

2. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share?

3. I need another volunteer to take over the check-ins. :) Anyone interested?

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 6/23

• Options
    @tclayton53 I just saw your post in last week's check in so I'll reply here. Welcome! Cooking everything from scratch with a 2 week old is a tall order! Enjoy Life makes lots of good MSPI-safe treats. Chipotle has lots of good MSPI-friendly options. Lays potato chips are usually ok, check the ingredients list. Larabars and Clifs Organic Bars are great snacks. You can also look through our blog that has all the check in posts archived, mspimoms.blogspot.com, for more suggestions. HTH!
  • Options
    amichelle723amichelle723 member
    edited June 2014

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

We are doing well. I tried almonds last week and DD's diapers turned runny and mucusy for the next 3 days, so it looks like I'll be avoiding tree nuts. It's disappointing, but at least she does ok with peanuts. I've also given her wheat and eggs directly with no problems. There were several instances where I seriously considered eliminating wheat and eggs (the only things in the top 8 I hadn't cut out) so I'm glad I didn't unnecessarily cut them out.

2. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share?

I saw an allergist last week, for myself due to some sinus issues. I mentioned DD's MSPI status and he was genuinely surprised that I had cut out soy. He was adamant that soy protein does not transfer into breastmilk, and said that only milk and peanuts could possibly cause a reaction. DD has had definite reactions to soy, but I didn't press it because I had been there for 4 hours doing allergy testing and was tired. If DD does need to see an allergist in the future, I don't think I'll be going to him.

3. I need another volunteer to take over the check-ins.  Anyone interested?

I can do it if no one else wants to...I'm not the best with the bump (note my rogue ticker that starts and stops on its own and refuses to be deleted), but I've really benefited from the check-in and would hate to see it go away.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! 1. We are doing good!, I added avocado Thursday and he had diarrhea Friday, so I took that back out. I was looking forward to adding banana today, but over the weekend we were at Cedar Point, and I had packed my food, but walked by a smoked turkey leg place....I thought how perfect, my only allowed meat! I asked the cook and he said that it was just smoked turkey and contained mo other spices, oils, or seasonings....I ate it and loved it! But it just seemed to good to be true, so today I called the food service for the park....sure enough, he was wrong. It had seasoning, the worst part....it contained milk protein! :( ugh. No reaction yet, but I didn't add banana. Today because of it.... But.....16 days free of bloody diapers! 2. Not today
  • Options

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? Things are good. My do not eat list is long but it's completely worth it for DD. I'm starting to feel a little anxious about introducing solids within the next month. But, it has to happen some time. ;)

2. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share? I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since a couple months before I got pregnant with DD2, so well over a year. We have friends coming into town next month. Is it safe for me to have a glass wine? I could take it or leave it anyway but figured I should be sure before even considering. I read wine can contain casein, so seems like I'd need to find a vegan one. Doesn't sound worth the effort, lol..

3. I need another volunteer to take over the check-ins. :) Anyone interested? Aw, I feel bad that you haven't been able to unload this. I'll take it over, if no one is willing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    RingOfFire11  I have had enough glasses of wine for everyone on this board without a problem.  Ha ha ha.  I have never had a reaction with either of my daughters. 
  • Options
    amichelle723  your allergist sounds a little strange...only peanuts and milk???  I could see if he thought  soy without the protein (soy bean oil and soy lecithin) was not crossing into your milk because it seems that many doctors are split on this.  I would find another allergist! 
  • Options
    1) We are good!  We have an appt with the GI next week, and I am looking forward to it since we began introducing solids and things are going well.  I am contemplating adding dairy back in to my diet.  I am so tired of being dairy/soy/wheat and egg free.  We'll see what he thinks! 
    2) Nothing right now!
    3) I would do it, but I feel like I get to spend less and less time on here lately. 
  • Options
    1. Hi. I intro'd before but it's been awhile since I have posted in the check in. I introduced solids starting at 6 months. So far he has reacted to oatmeal and egg. He has an appointment with an allergist next week. Last week he broke out 3 times we were visiting my sis and DN, I have no idea what caused the breakouts. We think DN touched his face with food.
    2. I tried introducing dairy back into my diet. It was a no go. I can get by with hidden dairy so I can't complain.
    3. Not right now sorry
  • Options
    Salemkitty13  when you reintroduced dairy did you get blood in the stool? 
  • Options
    @camedowncrushing‌ No, he never had blood. He gets a bad rash and would have greenish mucous poop ad would smell. His eczema gets worse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"