Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Pregnancy Tests

I want to punch myself in the face for this post, but Wondfos can suck my nuts.

Wondfos have been complete crap lately.  When I started TTC they seemed to have had way less issues.  I hesitate buying them ever again.  I have tried the Babi ones but I do not think they are as sensitive,  Has anyone tried the SurePredict brand from amazon?  And if you have, please tell me what you think.

#iamaman

Re: Pregnancy Tests

• Options
    I'm with you, I'm not sure their Opks work on me. I've tried twice a day and never a positive!

BFP: 7/11/2014. ~  EDD: 3/20/2015~  M/C: 8/29/2014 @ 11w
  • Options
    Great. I don't want to hear this! I just ordered 40 Wondfo opks and 10 pg test off amazon (first time).

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    nikiz628 said:
    Great. I don't want to hear this! I just ordered 40 Wondfo opks and 10 pg test off amazon (first time).
    I'm sorry!  I know they are recommended in the blog and all...Maybe there is just a huge bad batch going around.

• Options
    Ditto what jefa said. My OPKs are fine. I did use one HPT last month, but it was appropriately negative, so I'm hoping I got an ok batch. 

• Options

BankerBSN said:
    nikiz628 said:
    I'm sorry!  I know they are recommended in the blog and all...Maybe there is just a huge bad batch going around.
    I am not so much interested in the pg tests, i usually test with the .88-ers from Walmart. But I was tired of spending $13 for 7 answer brand tests lol.

I am open to suggestions for other brands, I just always see people posting about wondfos so I figured I would try them this month.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/0e004fc06de8560c7b08afd8da184426/tumblr_inline_mxveimFLAn1s4d130.gif
                                                                             Me: 28  H: 28  DS: 4
    [TTC Since October 2013] [ BFP 1.27.15  EDD: 10.8.15]
    I WEAR ORANGE FOR MY GRANDMA- SUPPORT KIDNEY CANCER AWARENESS
    Trinitrotoluene: "My ears have been deflowered
....my mouth just hasn't been!"

BabyFruit Ticker 
                                        BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Great!  8-| Not what I needed to hear tonight. I just ordered a whole bunch of HPT from them because I'm triggering next week and need to test out the trigger. The upside, I'll find out if they work. 

I gave up on the OPKs and found I got better luck with the Answer ones from Walmart. I know they're more money, but the last 2 months are the only times I have ever gotten a + OPK and it was with them. 

Nathaniel Richard born 12/20/14
    Dating 7/2/2004 * Married 8/16/2008
  • Options
    Hmmm, now I'm wondering if the reason I didn't get a positive OPK this cycle was due to the new batch of wondfos I started using...I did get a positive wondfo HPT at 10dpo, though.

But I think we can all agree that the name is stupid.
  • Options
    I agree. The first batch I used 4 months ago had completely different wrapping. It didn't even say Wondfo on the front. I never got a positive OPK that month which has never happened. Very suspicious!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• Options
    I started using the wondofo's this month for the first time. I did get positives on the OPK's and yesterday at about 10dpo I got a light positive on a wondofo HPT and today as well. They are very light and I very skeptical of an actual positive. Now hearing all the bad stuff about them I am even more skeptical.
  • Options
    KatzKiss said:
    I agree. The first batch I used 4 months ago had completely different wrapping. It didn't even say Wondfo on the front. I never got a positive OPK that month which has never happened. Very suspicious!
    I had this same thing and wondered about it!  I thought maybe they just changed their packaging since my latest batch (different lot/expiration) does say Wondfo on the front.  Jeez I hope they work, I've never gotten a positive from them either, but I've also not had a clear temp shift, so that could be accurate for me.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

I guess I'm lucky.   I haven't had a problem. 

I do have to wait the full amount of time to check the OPKs though.  Old batches I could tell immediately if they were going to be positive, now I have to come back after a few minutes.  I tested out my trigger last cycle on the HPTs.  They faded out and then showed clear negatives. 

Unfortantely, I think it honestly depends on the batch you get.  It's a bit of a crap shoot.

imageimageimage

Trying to get knocked up since June 2012 ~ Dx: PCOS

BFP 7.24.13 ~ EDD 4.2.14 ~ m/c  9.16.13 @ 11w4d

BFP 5.4.14 ~ EDD 1.12.15 ~ stick little bean!

TTGP 2013 Best Blog ~ Fruit ~ My BFP Chart 

• Options
    Pintobean39Pintobean39 member
    edited February 2014
    I've never had problems with the HPT's yet, but I'm sure I will now that I've said that. I actually ordered 100 last month so I can use them to test out my trigger. So far I've used about 50 since TTGP, and I guess have been lucky to not get bad batches.

The only thing I noticed is they take forever to show a positive. Even this last month right after my trigger I would just have to pee and leave it. I watched one once and it showed a line move across the window so I never watch them. Prob 8 weeks in my pregnancy the line showed up quicker but I still had to pee and leave it.

I have a stash of FRER that I use if I ever have any questions, because those things are awesome. The line always shows up soon and I've only heard one person have a problem with them.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Options
    kaimee27 said:

KatzKiss said:

I had this same thing and wondered about it!  I thought maybe they just changed their packaging since my latest batch (different lot/expiration) does say Wondfo on the front.  Jeez I hope they work, I've never gotten a positive from them either, but I've also not had a clear temp shift, so that could be accurate for me.
    Since then, all three batches had the old normal packaging and all have given me positives.

Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• Options
    This may be a stupid question but how do you know if they evap lines?
  • Options
    Jpinky9 said:

If I try to confirm with a FRER it'll be a BFN, and quickly followed by AF.
  • Options
    :lurking:

I used clinical guard off amazon (blue and green wrappers). they worked great for me. positive opk lined right up with temps, and i even got a decent positive hpt at 10dpo. i didnt believe it and retested with another brand just to make sure it wasnt lying to me!
    photo bf6df11a-4a10-4156-814b-c27eee7e0e89.jpg photo 6e679f21-d3f5-4ab8-bd2c-3c7a839092d8.jpg

• Options
    Aww man. I bought the wondfos, but I have yet to get a positive. Once I finish this pack I will try a different brand.
  • Options

This is my first month using Wondfos. I just got my first positive OPKs yesterday and today. The line wasn't darker but the same color. Mine arrived in a zip lock baggy. The OPK "sacks" are blue and the 10 HPT "sacks" are pink. Some of you mentioned weird packaging. I thought mine was weird to have arrived in a ziplock bag. I guess they work ok.

ETA: spelling sucks today
    Mine arrived the same way yours did and are the same colours!
  • Options
    My favorites are the dollar trees lately. Did you all know you can order them in bulk online?  8-> 

I know they are $1 vs. like .35ish cents, but they are AS sensitive as the FRERs. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have no issues with wondfo OPKs but anyone who's been in the 2WW threads with me when I got numerous evap lines knows my feelings towards the HPTs. However, I can't quit them. They're just so cheap.
  • Options
    Diordra said:
    My favorites are the dollar trees lately. Did you all know you can order them in bulk online?  8-> 

I know they are $1 vs. like .35ish cents, but they are AS sensitive as the FRERs. 
    ~~Diordra runs off to Dollar Tree website~~~
    I just did too! Shipping is kind of expensive, but it looks like you can pick up in store for free as well. Hmm....

Formerly Aaren91011
    Trying for baby #1 since July 2013  -  DX: PCOS
    BFP: 2/27/14 - EDD 11/11/14 - MMC 4/21/14 @ 11w (stopped growing @ 9w)
    TTA until January
  • Options
    On a different note I have four answer opks that I don't need if anyone wants them. They expire in April.
  • Options
    I use the OPKs and HPTs from early-pregnancy-tests.com

I used the OPKs from this site, they worked pretty well. I only switched to Wondfo's because they were cheaper. The Wondfo HPTs worked fine for me (appropriately positive & then negative after loss) but I think next time around I'll spend the extra $$ and order from this site again. I hear too many bad things about the Wondfo HPTs and I don't think I could handle the false hope. 
    Number One: Born 06.16.2009
    BFP: 01.17.2014 / MC 02.05.2014
    BFP: 03.08.2014 / MMC: 05.07.2014
    Dx: Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
    Currently on the bench. [Chart]

• Options

Same!
    *TEAM PINK*
    TTC#1 Since November 2013 // BFP March 27, 2014 // EDD December 11, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    Jpinky9 said:
    Not a stupid question at all! Typically an evap line shows up outside of the time frame for reading the test and it is gray rather than the pinky purple of the control line.

My last batch of Wondfo hpts were lot W00130174-3 exp. 01/2015. I had 20 from that lot and never worried about evap lines until a couple of days ago. I took two at the same time and one had a super faint grayish line show up around the 5 minute mark and the other developed a stronger purple line at about 10 minutes. Neither were a textbook positive!
    TTC #1 since Oct. 2012 | BFP Feb. 21, 2014!
    imageimage
  • Options

Jpinky9 said:

Not a stupid question at all! Typically an evap line shows up outside of the time frame for reading the test and it is gray rather than the pinky purple of the control line.

My last batch of Wondfo hpts were lot W00130174-3 exp. 01/2015. I had 20 from that lot and never worried about evap lines until a couple of days ago. I took two at the same time and one had a super faint grayish line show up around the 5 minute mark and the other developed a stronger purple line at about 10 minutes. Neither were a textbook positive!

Thanks! I took too wondofo hpts, and got positives on both before the 5 minute time limit. I am hoping they are true positives!!!

Thanks so much for the information!
  • Options
    I bought the OPK and pregnancy test combo pack from amazon last fall and have been getting good results with the OPK's (have since switched to the Clear Blue, at this point in the game I don't want to guess.. Yes or no please!) and have never gotten a positive on the pregnancy tests because I have not ever gotten pregnant so technically they haven't been wrong. However I saw that the batch I had had bad reviews on amazon and also found a few posts here on the Bump with people having issues with my batch so I have not used them since. I have decided that since I don't test frequently and really only the day before my period is due I'm ok with spending the $8 on the two pack of FRER that'll last me two months and I'll have my answer. Again, I'm at the point where I don't want to guess anymore and need to know so I can move forward with my plans get help at the one year point.

Trying to have baby #1 since April 2013

DH SA March,May 2014 - Low motility and shape issues. On vitamins per RE to help

Me testing April 3, 2014 - FSH and LH good, HSG showed blocked right tube

April 29, 2014 - First RE appt., right tube needs to be removed and possibly left also if

it's bad too. RE suggests going straight to IVF

June 4, 2014 - LAP/HSC and unexpected endo. removed but tubes got to stay!

June 13, 2014 - Post-Op appointment. We decide where to go next since main issue

is MFI influenced. Trying naturally until decision... Repeat SA  in September. Aiming for IUI #1 November 2014.

• Options

I've never had an issue with wondfo OPKs.  I did once buy wanfu OPKs that were sold as wondfos and they did not work for me.  I would get obviously negative wanfu OPK and a positive digi OPK from the same pee.

I've always used wondfo HPTs and never had an issue with them.  I did find out during my c/p that they are not nearly as sensitive as FRERs.  My wondfos were stark white when I was getting obvious lines on a FRER.  I don't test during break cycles and from now on I am sticking to FRER for testing for any treatment cycle we do.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    I don't know if any of you remember my BFP post from December, but this is the pic I posted. I was 14dpo which is longer than my LP and I took a wondfo hpt. It was stark white. I decided to dip an opk since I had one and was late.. Instant blazing positive. So I dipped a frer and digi.. Both positive. So I don't trust the wondfo hpts anymore at all. The opk's have never given me trouble. This pregnancy ended in miscarriage for those who didn't know, but it's just a comparison photo so you can see.
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I just bought an order of wondfo Opks and hpts, so this is bad news! Regarding the hpts, are people getting both positives when it should be negative AND negatives when it should be positive? That seems crazy!
  • Options
    I've never had problems with the HPT's yet, but I'm sure I will now that I've said that. I actually ordered 100 last month so I can use them to test out my trigger. So far I've used about 50 since TTGP, and I guess have been lucky to not get bad batches. The only thing I noticed is they take forever to show a positive. Even this last month right after my trigger I would just have to pee and leave it. I watched one once and it showed a line move across the window so I never watch them. Prob 8 weeks in my pregnancy the line showed up quicker but I still had to pee and leave it. I have a stash of FRER that I use if I ever have any questions, because those things are awesome. The line always shows up soon and I've only heard one person have a problem with them.

Grrrr, I was going to go Beta or bust but now I'm thinking about testing out my trigger. ;-) I guess if I'm going to order some cheapies I need to do it soon.

I've never used the Wondfos @BankerBSN but I've used the ones from Earlypregnancytests.com and they seem just as shitty. I've never gotten a positive on them even for my CP when I had a clear positive on a FRER.

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How sensitive are the HPTs? I got 2 freebies with my OPK order and want to use them later this week.

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Wondfo quality/consistency has gone to shit. A lot of ladies on TTCAL have had issues with bad wondfo HPT batches for awhile now (since mid-summer). The issue I have seen is with false positives (beta HCG of zero on same day).  For those still using wondfos, if you get a positive, confirm with a FRER.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • Options
    A false positive is probably more emotionally scary, but a "false" negative is medically scary.
    buggirl72 said:
    Wondfo quality/consistency has gone to shit. A lot of ladies on TTCAL have had issues with bad wondfo HPT batches for awhile now (since mid-summer). The issue I have seen is with false positives (beta HCG of zero on same day).  For those still using wondfos, if you get a positive, confirm with a FRER.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"