February 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone else getting judged while pregnant??

2»

Re: Anyone else getting judged while pregnant??

• Options

I've gotten judged for drinking cokes, eating candy, basically anything I consume.  I've gotten several "You can't have that!!!!" statements.  To which I reply as sternly and loudly as possilble:

"THE HELL I CAN'T"

I guess I'm scary, because it shuts em up every time.  Family, coworkers, etc. I usually pair it with crazy eyes for the punctuation. 

That is awesome. I wish I had your balls.
  • Options
    I guess I haven't gotten any comments because I'm just now starting to show, tho I have a cup of coffee every day, half a glass of wine on occasion, and stuff my pockets full of tums every day...
    With that being said, I think criticism like pp have mentioned, is the refuge of insecure people. It's easier to point a finger away than at yourself! Makes the critic feel better about themselves. Thankfully, we're in our own bodies and perfectly capable of making sound, healthy decisions. Let's be secure in ourselves :)
    (I'm a little less thankful for the raging hormones, that occasionally get me fired up, particularly when I read posts regarding getting rid of pets! Grrrrr :) )
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, I just thought of another one. 

"You take PUBLIC TRANSIT while you're pregnant?? Every DAY?! You're putting your baby at risk!! That's dangerous, how could you?" 

Really? REALLY? I bus every day to work like I have for the last ten flippin' years. I have yet to get horribly injured on the bus. I get a seat every day. How is driving a car in scary rush hour highway traffic safer? Or even crossing the street on foot for that matter? I'm sooooo sorry that we can't afford two cars and that I can't just drop my job because I'm pregnant. Shut yo face!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"