February 2013 Moms
Options

Avoiding night feedings

I BF my daughter whenever she's hungry , typically it is 4 hours during the day. Transitioning to her crib was difficult and now she's waking up every 3 hrs and nursing back to sleep. I feel like she might be creating a vicious cycle of not taking as much during the day and making up for it at night. What's the best way to get her back on track without messing up her day time schedule? I EBF. Thanks for any help!!

Re: Avoiding night feedings

• Options

I have been trying to nurse lying down even during the day so my DD will eat better and be less distracted. For the first 2 weeks since transitioning from being swaddled to a sleep sack she has nursed more at night.  My personal theory is that she needs the comfort that she used to get from the swaddle. I do try paci and patting first but nurse if that won't work. Good luck!

PS I realize this wasn't really helpful, just sharing that you are not alone :) 

We are so thankful that our second daughter, Lillian Elizabeth "Lily", was born healthy and happy on February 11, 2013.  We love her to pieces.  

We lost our first daughter, Hannah Grace on May 4, 2011.  She was buried on May 14 during a beautiful service at my home church. We are grateful that if she could not be here with us, that she is healed and whole with the Lord. We look forward to the day when we will get to meet her. We love her so much.

• Options
    Try feeding every 3 hours? Maybe? IMO, babies nurse at night because they didn't have their caloric needs met during the day. DS will wake to nurse if we lost a feeding (due to more sleep during the day usually). So I trust in him that he is telling me he is needing more food to thrive. I would say, try to add another feeding session or two during the day and wait and see how it works. I usually aim for every third hour with DS, but again, naps can interfere. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"