Breastfeeding
Options

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday morning on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in! To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog.

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

2. When your LO outgrows their intolerance, will you go right back to eating the way you were before? 

3. Please share your easiest MSPI-friendly meal idea!

4. Anything else you'd like to share today?

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

• Options
    CLLDLLCLLDLL member

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? We're both doing great.  LO is getting so stinking big it just makes me sad.  I re-intro'ed hidden dairy to my diet about 3 weeks ago.  That went great, but then I got a little too over-ethusiastic and tried some nachos with cheese and sour cream last weekend.  LO did not like it.  No blood or mucous in the diaper, but he was FUSSY.  So now I'm back to just hidden dairy.  We'll try again in a month or so & probably go a little slower!

2. When your LO outgrows their intolerance, will you go right back to eating the way you were before?  Probably not completely.  There's a lot of dairy I don't miss, like cow's milk.  But I do miss my ice cream and the occasional cheese and/or sour cream on top of things.

3. Please share your easiest MSPI-friendly meal idea! Stir-fry---use whatever meat or even tofu, saute with olive oil and garlic.  Add in fresh veggies and grated ginger.  Serve over steamed rice. I especially like this during summer when I have lots of veggies from the farmer's market or my garden.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options

Good. Gave DS a few more teaspoons of yogurt, no noticeable effects. I think we'll try cheese this weekend.

2. When your LO outgrows their intolerance, will you go right back to eating the way you were before?

No way. I've learned so much about food since going on this diet. I will eat much less dairy, soy, and wheat, now that I have seen how these foods are in everything! I've learned how to make beans and lentils yummy, and bake with other flours. Variety is so much more interesting!

Chicken Caccitore

Throw about 6 chicken breasts (or equivalent other chicken peices) into your slow cooker, cover with 1 jar pasta sauce, cook on low 7 to 9 hours. Boil up some pasta and serve!

Roast Chicken

Rub a whole chicken with salt, spices, and herbs to your liking. Throw it in the oven and cook at 375 for about 1 hr. Maybe get fancy and toss some baby potatoes around the chicken too. :)

Of course if you're feeling extra energetic you could make a salad to go with either of these dishes.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm new here! Just started dairy free for LO. I wasn't sure if that's what bothered him, but he seems better since I stopped.
    I'm having a hard time since DS 1 has Mac n cheese and pizza... But I just have to get organized and come up with yummy meals that are dairy free...
    I can't wait to hear some more yummy recipes!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Doing well on the mspi front. I thought she had a reaction to eggs the other day but it was actually teething. Shes been a screaming fussy rabid teething mess, poor baby.  

2. When your LO outgrows their intolerance, will you go right back to eating the way you were before? 

No way! Like OP said I have learned so much about food and I totally think this mspi was a blessing in disguise. The only thing I miss and will have some of after is cheese, every thing else I have found subs for and I am fine without.  

My favorite is to put pork shoulder in the crock pot and put either verde sauce on it or bbq sauce and do pork tacos or bbq pork sliders with cole slaw. Then the next day I put the shredded meat on salad with corn, tomatoes and black beans. So tasty!  

I am having a hard time with LOs first birthday party planning. I didnt want to make her cake but the bake shop we have near by that does top 8 allergen free cakes is sooo expensive and were already having a huge party so I think im going to have to try my hand at some allergen free cake...wish me luck

OH and last night I had Almond Dream ice cream flavor Toffee almond fudge and it was AMAZING! I have basically stayed away from ice cream since none were really good but I liked this one a lot.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagerocknrollfriend:

Good. Gave DS a few more teaspoons of yogurt, no noticeable effects. I think we'll try cheese this weekend.

So glad to hear that your DS did well with yogurt. FX with trying cheese :)

imageIlovebeingamom:
    I'm new here! Just started dairy free for LO. I wasn't sure if that's what bothered him, but he seems better since I stopped. I'm having a hard time since DS 1 has Mac n cheese and pizza... But I just have to get organized and come up with yummy meals that are dairy free... I can't wait to hear some more yummy recipes!!

For some recipe ideas you can search Pinterest, there are also some good blogs like MSPI mama that has recipes on them.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    1. We are okay. Ds is finally himself after about a week of irritability after hidden dairy trial.
    2. I will not go back to cow milk or butter. I do look forward to having cheese again one day.
    3. Cheeseless pizza pizza dough, marinara, Italian spices, garlic, red pepper flakes, cut up chicken sausage, olive oil throw in oven at 350 until desired crispness
    4. Has anyone had their LO tested for the food allergies? If so how bad was it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageLoveLo2010:
    imagerocknrollfriend:

So glad to hear that your DS did well with yogurt. FX with trying cheese :)

Thank you!

I will try to remember to dig out the birthday cake recipe I used for DS and share it with you. My MIL made the big cake for the guests, and I made a little smash cake for DS (I also made a couple of cupcakes for the one or two allergic guests we had, which they appreciated!). I think MSPI Mama has a couple of cake recipes, too.

• Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

4. Anything else you'd like to share today? We were supposed to be moving on Thursday but that just got postponed. Really annoyed at this whole moving thing now!!

Boo! That is annoying to get all geared up and then get postponed. I hope you get moving soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"