November 2012 Moms
Options

My mistakes...

So, for those that follow my blog (I know there are a few of you =]) this week I talked about my mistakes as a new parent. I know that we all have made mistakes, there is no such thing as a perfect parent. We are all still learning! I wanted to open a discussion (judgment free) about the mistakes you have made as a new parent

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

Re: My mistakes...

• Options
    MaebbMaebb member
    Letting him fall out of the bed, letting him get a little too comfortable sleeping in our bed, check, and check.

Another "mistake" DH and I made was just not preparing enough or talking to each another enough about how a child would change the dynamic of our relationship, how we would parent and do household duties together, what we thought about things like breastfeeding, bed sharing, etc. We've found that we've had some different thoughts or expectations about some of these things, and it has added stress to our relationship. Plus, we need to be more conscious about having date nights!
  • Options
    imageMaebb:
    Another "mistake" DH and I made was just not preparing enough or talking to each another enough about how a child would change the dynamic of our relationship, how we would parent and do household duties together, what we thought about things like breastfeeding, bed sharing, etc. We've found that we've had some different thoughts or expectations about some of these things, and it has added stress to our relationship. Plus, we need to be more conscious about having date nights!
    So very true. I think when we had the talk about having babies it was basically "do you want kids?" "yes" "ok, cool" Haha! We have discussed how we want to raise LO, but I think we have focused more on how to raise him in the future rather than baby things. Good examples!

Ourfasttrackfamily.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

not following through on skin to skin and trying harder with the wearing of the baby... letting her sleep in our bed (nothing against it but it wasn't the plan)

not purging enough of our crap out of the house.... (cuz it is that) to make room for all the gear

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    jg1011jg1011 member
    Definitely letting him get used to sleeping in my arms, on my chest, in my bed, etc.

Buying too many clothes and trying to shop ahead... Now I have a bunch of 12 month winter things that he can wear in our July heat wave. It was a nice thought to save money... But now it is all a waste. :

Hovering..... Doing for him and not giving him enough time to figure it out on his own. I'm doing much better in the summertime now that I'm home full time and he is making huge gains for it.

Giving him a little too much table food... Now he doesn't want bottles or pures.... Just what's on mommy's plate! And.... His stomach is so upset from the avocado he ate yesterday... Major poop attacks! I feel terrible!
    IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    not breastfeeeding enough when i returned to work and letting her sleep in our bed all the time.
  • Options

imageMaebb:
    Letting him fall out of the bed

DD fell of the bed last week!  By far the worst day I've had yet as a mom.  Talk about feeling guilty!

I also haven't taken enough pictures.  I take tons with my phone, but I haven't done any of the monthly pictures, which I already regret.  And I think I've made her into a "mommy's girl", but not in a good way.  I think I pick her up too much.  She fusses and I scoop her up.  I mean I want to snuggle her just as much as she wants me, but I think I'm causing a problem for daycare because they can't run to her when she's crying. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"