April 2013 Moms
Options

Monday randoms?

So I went to grab something out of the drawers in our work restroom this morning and noticed there are packets of salt in the drawer. What on earth do you suppose people are using salt packets for in the bathroom?

And that is my bizarre random observation for this Monday morning. Other randoms?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Monday randoms?

• Options

Well, I keep salt in the bathroom when I have a new piercing or need to clean a piercing. You use warm salt water. That's all I got for that one. 

For months we have been planning a trip to visit SO's gramma and grampa so they can meet T, 10 hours away the first week of August. Yesterday she called and said she wants to come this week, in three days, because she doesn't feel like doing housework, cooking, and having lots of laundry when we leave. Gee, thanks. We don't have a spare bedroom but they might be parking an RV in our yard. It's nice we don't have to make a trip but I was kind of looking forward to getting away and not dealing with normal, every day life. Now I have everyday life + entertaining. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

The only reason I used salt in the bathroom is when I am rubbing off my neck tattoo, I have only done it twice so far then stopped once I got pregnant cause I can't join the military while pregnant anyhow. Also, when I was gauging my ears.

There was some random fight outside I had to break up, my mom's apartment is in somewhat of a ghetto place. They had been arguing and yelling all night, waking me and Connor up, then I woke up to real fighting. I broke them up and said if they ever do that again at night and kept waking the baby up I would kick both their as$es. (They were young and I knew them somewhat).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My monday random is that Princess Kate is in labor & i'm giddy because i'm like the biggest British Monarchy nerd ever.  Can you tell I don't do anything at work?!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I blew through 3 seasons of Covert Affairs on Amazon Prime. Now I'm all sad I have wait a week between episodes this season.
  • Options
    I'm at work and all I can think of is my grandma watching Ella for the firs time more than 1 hour..YIKES! My worry is my child is to much for anyone to handle HIGH MAINTENANCE and GMA is getting old
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    All these uses of salt seem reasonable for home use. But who is doing cleansing of piercings or using a neti pot in an office restroom?

Tondra, I've been checking the royal twitter for updates too. You aren't alone. Bur poor Kate Middleton... talk about pressure during labor!
  • Options
    imagekravenmoore:

@Cland - I would be so sad to get rid of my neck tattoo :(  How does the salt work?  Just use it as an exfoliant?

It is major exfoliation because you are removing live skin too, not just dead. The procedure itself is called 'salabrasion'. The picture with my mohawk, you see my tattoo is faded, I only did it three times and the third time I stopped before it was bleeding. You are supposed to do it, let it heal, then do it again. It is painful, but some say as painful as laser is and takes about as much applications to do it as laser as well. What I do is, do the salabrasion, then put neosporin, then let it scab and heal. Then repeat. 

• Options
    My Monday random is that I'd rather die than go get my bridesmaid dress altered tomorrow. I am still a million pounds away from the weight is like to be and my boobs are ridiculous. My sister is also in the wedding and she will be an awkward 12 weeks pregnant. We are going to be frumpy hot messes. Oh well the bride is star of the show anyway, right?!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member

imageskidderdo:
    My Monday random is that I'd rather die than go get my bridesmaid dress altered tomorrow. I am still a million pounds away from the weight is like to be and my boobs are ridiculous. My sister is also in the wedding and she will be an awkward 12 weeks pregnant. We are going to be frumpy hot messes. Oh well the bride is star of the show anyway, right?!

Aww I'm sure you'll look as great as anyone can in a bridesmaid dress. Hopefully you can just rock the cleavage to make up for whatever bows, beads, or other obnoxious details no doubt mar the dress! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"