Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Teething + Sneezing/Runny nose? Related?

DD is cutting her bottom molars.  She woke up this morning with a really snotty nose this morning out of the clear blue.  This is day 2 of her noticeably teething (drool, chewing on everything, hands in mouth, etc).  She's also sneezing.  There is no color to her snot.  She took an extra long nap today.  I went up to get her and found her laying awake in a puddle of vomit.  No fever and didn't even move when she saw me.  Didn't flinch.  Scared me to death.  

I got her up and put her in the tub and she's seemed totally fine ever since like nothing ever happened.  I heard her cough one time on the monitor (but she hasn't been coughing....so it was random) and I think that's when she may have thrown up...possibly from the mucous in her throat?

Like I said...she's running around playing and seems just fine and I know for a fact she is teething.  What does this sound like to you? Contagious or no?  I don't want to have her around other kids if she's sick.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Teething + Sneezing/Runny nose? Related?

• Options
    It could be from the snot but the coughing could have also just been the sound of her throwing up.
    I would be nice to other parents and keep her away from other kids for 24 hr since she vomited in case it is a tummy bug.
  • Options
    Teething can cause some kids to vomit. When DD cut her molars, she did have a cough, major drool, and was a snot factory of clear, and gross colored snot. Once the teeth came in, all of the above went away. DD didn't vomit with teething, but I have friends whose children did when they cut their molars.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Update:  DD was up all night and miserable.  Took her to Urgent Care and it looks like an ear infection brought on by the teething with all the excess saliva and mucus.   :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"