April 2013 Moms
Options

Sleep strike

My LO is on day 3 of his sleep strike during the day. He's been ok at night. Usually only wakes up once at night. But, during the day he has been refusing to nap. His eyes are so red rimmed. He was super fussy yesterday because of it. Today he has been pretty happy, just not napping as usual. He normally takes 34 naps a day usually 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs. He will be 13 weeks on Monday. He's also been pretty clingy, wanting to be held a lot. Anyone else out there deal with this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep strike

• Options
    DS has been fussing about his third nap even though he is tired and needs it. They are also figuring out cues now so he does not like to be rocked before nap time! Instead I put him in the swing, give his pacifier, and rub his forehead for a minute or two. It almost always works!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Sometimes I have to force mine to sleep when I know she's tired and she's fighting sleep. The 5 s's. usually work. Sometimes I have to make the noise super high and sway super hard or fast but it usually works.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been dealing with this for about two weeks now, DS is 16 weeks old.  The only way he'll nap for a long time is if I nap with him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Uh this is me!! LO will be 13 weeks tomorrow. She used to STTN and wake up once but this week she has been up every hour and a half at night and won't take longer than 20 minute naps unless she is attached to my boob. I am one tired mama
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    sms04jsms04j member
    Usually swaddling, a pacifier, and some rocking puts him right out...but, not these past 3 days. Cranky baby=cranky mommy=cranky husband. Lol. It's a mess at our house right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"