April 2013 Moms
Options

Not loosing the baby weight

Is anyone else stuck like me!? I only gained 30 pounds during my preagnacy and only lost 10 when the baby was born! It's my first baby so I expected the weight to come right off! But no im stuck in fat me stage! So sad and depressing! I can not loose these 20 pounds! Bought 2 shorts and 1 pair of jeans that fit but I hate them I feel so disgusting,I went up 3 pants size! Im just having a pity party here ladies sorry! I know I should be hitting the gym and stuff but with work and then baby I have no time! Miss my body....sight

Re: Not loosing the baby weight

• Options
    I hear ya! I have to go back to work tomorrow and I only have one pair of pants that fit.
  • Options
    I gained 50lbs with DS and lost 35lbs within the first few weeks. This last 15lbs won't budge!! I try to work out at home doing videos or using the treadmill but some days I just don't feel like it! I purchased a few clothing items to get me by also. I also thought the weight would come off easier. I would give anything to have my prebaby body back! Crazy thing is I thought I was fat before...I was wearing a size 3/4 and weighed 124lbs....what was I thinking! Goal is to work harder to shed these last 15lbs!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am with you!! I lost 8 lbs after labor my baby was 7 of that and one pound since!!! I exclusively BF and was hoping that would help... Nope. I attempted to start doing a few things here and there but injured my back where I got the epi so my dr said to give my body more time. I want to go for daily walks but here in AZ it is 100 degrees by 7am and doesn't cool off upper 80's until like 3 am.... To hott to take my LO out. It is depressing and discouraging. I am trying to stick with the mind set 9months to gain 9 to lose it. But it sucks to still only fit in my maternity clothes
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I lost just about all of my weight in the first few weeks- I only gained 27 pounds total. However, the last few pounds were a beast to lose. I don't know if you drink anything carbonated but I stopped drinking anything but water and one cup of coffee in the morning to get my going. I cut out all fried foods, most dairy and really just ate a lot of fruit, veggies and proteins. Changing my diet completely changed my lifestyle. I've lost more than the last few pounds, I feel more energized and just all around better about myself. I know that being a mama is hard and we don't all have the time to prepare a home cooked healthy meal every day, but I made a point to do my shopping on Sunday afternoons and prepping most of my food when I got home. cutting up meat, veggies in advance makes it easier to prepare them quickly. I also make myself little "bento boxes" as lunches. I got the gladware lunch containers with the separate compartments and it makes it easy to create a healthy and portion controlled meal. 

This is what worked for me and maybe it'll work for you!  

• Options
    Diet is much more important than exercise when you're trying to lose weight -- it is just calories in vs. calories out -- so when you think about it, you can only do so much good via exercise (burn 400 calories in an hour of moderate exercise, roughly), vs portion control and better choices to stay with in a weight loss range of consumption.  Try weight watchers -- you'll have it off in no time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageJSS1002:
    Diet is much more important than exercise when you're trying to lose weight -- it is just calories in vs. calories out -- so when you think about it, you can only do so much good via exercise (burn 400 calories in an hour of moderate exercise, roughly), vs portion control and better choices to stay with in a weight loss range of consumption.  Try weight watchers -- you'll have it off in no time!

I completely agree with this! I worked out 30mins a day doing jillian michael's 6 week 6 pack abs and kind of plateaued with 15lbs left (gained around 50 total). When i have a 'fun weekend' & overeat for 3 days, i can easily put on 5lbs in a weekend. Now i'm counting calories with MyFitnessPal on my phone and that has made a huge difference with the remaining weight. Its amazing how much of a difference something like not adding cheese to a meal will cut calories. You can scan the barcodes of the food you're eating or look them up, there's almost anything you could possibly buy or order. I EFF so I was really nervous that would backfire with my weight loss.

The most important thing is that we delivered happy, adorable babies!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    imageAllyP10:
    I lost just about all of my weight in the first few weeks I only gained 27 pounds total. However, the last few pounds were a beast to lose. I don't know if you drink anything carbonated but I stopped drinking anything but water and one cup of coffee in the morning to get my going. I cut out all fried foods, most dairy and really just ate a lot of fruit, veggies and proteins. Changing my diet completely changed my lifestyle. I've lost more than the last few pounds, I feel more energized and just all around better about myself. I know that being a mama is hard and we don't all have the time to prepare a home cooked healthy meal every day, but I made a point to do my shopping on Sunday afternoons and prepping most of my food when I got home. cutting up meat, veggies in advance makes it easier to prepare them quickly. I also make myself little "bento boxes" as lunches. I got the gladware lunch containers with the separate compartments and it makes it easy to create a healthy and portion controlled meal.nbsp;nbsp;This is what worked for me and maybe it'll work for you! nbsp;
    . Great idea!! Thanks!
  • Options
    imageLanaLewis:

imageJSS1002:

I completely agree with this! I worked out 30mins a day doing jillian michael's 6 week 6 pack abs and kind of plateaued with 15lbs left (gained around 50 total). When i have a 'fun weekend' & overeat for 3 days, i can easily put on 5lbs in a weekend. Now i'm counting calories with MyFitnessPal on my phone and that has made a huge difference with the remaining weight. Its amazing how much of a difference something like not adding cheese to a meal will cut calories. You can scan the barcodes of the food you're eating or look them up, there's almost anything you could possibly buy or order. I EFF so I was really nervous that would backfire with my weight loss.

The most important thing is that we delivered happy, adorable babies!

. This is true I love DD!
  • Options
    I worked out this entire pg and through a huge effort only gained 44 lbs. I lost 20 lbs right away and then was stuck. I started working out 3 days/week when DD3 turned 2 months. I finally lost another 2 lbs in the last 2 weeks. I read somewhere that your body can hold onto weight while bfing until month 3, and then the weight loss starts. I'm still 3 sizes above my ideal weight, so I feel your pain.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

There's 3500 calories in a pound.  To lose a pound, you must cut 3500 calories, via calorie reduction or exercise.  For purposes of muscle tone, cardiovascular health, and stress management, it is best to do a combo of these.  Google "basal metabolic rate" to figure out how many calories your body needs to maintain its current weight, then subtract 500 from that -- and that is how many calories you should net out each day to lose 1 lb per week.  If you can burn 250 a day and eat 250 less than normal, you an easily achieve that.

(I lost 72 lbs on weight watchers a few years ago, and basically nutrition and fitness and weight management is a huge passion of mine)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    snok83snok83 member

I completely understand and am in the same boat.  I lost 27 pounds within the first 2 weeks but haven't lost anything since.  I still have about 15 pounds to go to be at my pre-preg. weight. But would eventually still lose more weight.   I had hoped I would continue to lose since I was BF but this hasn't been the case for me.  

Since I am BF, it is super frustrating b/c not only has my pants size increased but my shirts are tight too now around the chest.  Grr!   I refused to buy bigger pants for a while but felt even worse wearing my maternity stuff.  So I finally gave in and started buying pants at our area thrift stores.  I hope to lose the rest of this weight and don't want to spend tons of money on these bigger sizes :( 

I also recently started using the My Fitness Pal app on my iphone. I found it helps keep me more accountable for what I eat.  As someone said, scanning the barcodes on the food makes it super easy to use.  And definitely makes you reconsider eating certain food when you think about the # of calories in it. 

• Options

I want tighter weight...

Anyways, What JSS said, more calories in than out is the hard black and white concept of losing weight. If you know your body is more sensitive to certain calories then try and reduce those types of calories more. All in all, a calorie is a calorie... but if you are getting 2000 calories in soda, chips, and cookies.. you are not going to lose weight. If you get 2000 calories in fresh food and healthy meats, you will. (Not exactly 2000 calories, but making an example.) 

Another example is me, I am very sensitive to carbohydrates, so I limit myself 20g a day.. that is worse than the Atkin's diet, which allows you up to 100g. It will make your body go into ketosis which you should not try unless you talk to your doctor. If you have bad kidneys forget about it. I don't and that is how I lost 130lbs within a year. Cycling the keto diet. (3 weeks on, 1 week off).  Right now, I am not doing the keto diet, but I am limiting my carbs to about 100-150g a day. 

Also, believe it or not but if you drink more water, you will lose weight as well. Keeping yourself hydrated keeps your metabolism going. If you ever decide to go back to the gym, remember that if you build muscle.. muscle needs more calories than fat, which in turns makes your metabolism higher.. but it is also dense.. so if you are working out and getting muscle but not losing or even gaining weight.. don't look at the scale.. look at the mirror.  

• Options
    My problem is that I am hungry all the damn time! Maybe it's because we are breastfeeding, I dont know. Even making smart decisions about snacks adds up to a lot of calories after a while.
  • Options

imageTexasAggie06:
    My problem is that I am hungry all the damn time! Maybe it's because we are breastfeeding, I dont know. Even making smart decisions about snacks adds up to a lot of calories after a while.

Me too.  I eat a HUGE healthy protein filled dinner and I'm literally starving 2 hours later.   DH can't believe how much and how often I eat. 

I use sparkpeople to watch my calorie/carb intake and to plan healthy meals.  My snacks are mostly fruits and veggies, sometimes hummas or cheese.  Rice cakes, with PB, etc.   If I'm really craving sweets I have some Special K 100 calories treats on hand.

I'm only 5lbs away from my prepreg weight but for me I think my problem is the tone.   My belly is bigger and flabbier, my thighs are bigger and flabbier.   I need to work out and tone those areas I believe to get back into my clothing.

• Options

imageTexasAggie06:

This & yes. I've lost all of my weight, but I do NOT look the same. And that will only change with exercise.  The key with being hungry all the time, though, is to snack smart. Instead of the cookies that I'd like to eat, I've been working on more fruit or high-protein snacks. 

As much as I hated my GD diet, I'm thinking that might be a good "diet" to follow for a while. I'll still get the calories needed for BFing and the high-protein items actually keep me full longer. Plus, if I do cheat by eating the ice cream I don't have the guilt I used to have thinking I was harming the baby! That's a win for me. 

• Options
    I'm in the same boat with you! I started Weight Watchers and was so freaked out and disappointed every week with the weigh in that it made the situation worse. I have always had body/weight issues and only gained 30 lbs with my LO.  For the past two weeks I have been going running in the morning after her 4:30am feeding. It SUCKS to run that early, but hey, it's not as hot during that time, and I get it out of the way and don't have to worry about it or feel guilty the rest of the day. After a week my body adjusted and I wasn't as tired as the first week.  I've stopped weight watchers and only base my weight on how I feel about myself and my clothes fitting.  My shorts are finally starting to fit again.  Screw the scale, just doing something active every day. Even if its going for a walk with LO or at work during lunch.  Do some push ups in your office and crunches, or dips.  Tons to do in 5 mins and it still helps.  Also, think about what you went through and the beautiful baby you have now. It's so worth it and your body will come back.  
  • Options
    I joined WW 2 weeks ago and am already starting to see the lbs come off. Love their apps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"