Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

teething tablets

My son is 7 months and has been working on teething for about 2 months now, and 9 times out of 10 he's good, doesn't really bother him too much as long as he has a teething ring or something soft to chew on. i've tried frozen stuff, wet wash cloths etc for that one time that he goes crazy and just freaks. I've read a lot of bad things about teething tablets and i've heard a lot of good things as well. Just wanted to get some insight on what other mother's tried! :) 

thanks! 

Re: teething tablets

• Options
    I've tried them a couple of times as a first option.  Rarely does that do the trick.  I usually end up resorting to acetaminophen an hour after the tablets.

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    If its bad I just give her Tylenol. I trust it and know it works. I'd be paranoid she'd have an allergic reaction to some off the wall ingredient. Only because my mom, sisters, and me all have allergies to weird things.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I use Hylands and we really like them. It takes the edge off for him - we just give him one. If it's really, really bad I give him a half dose of tylenol, but I hate to resort to that.
    Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
  • Options

I was going to use Hylands, but got scared off after reading about the recall a year or two ago. Scary stuff. Orajel makes teething tabs that don't have the belladonna in them (the ingrediant that caused the seizures and prompted the recall). We've also used the camilia stuff (sp?)

But in the end, what worked best for us was Tylenol at night on the worst days and a frozen banana in a mesh feeder or a frozen wash cloth.

Married November 2009 ~ Sam is here! (12/26/12)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We use the Hyland teething tablets. They have worked well for us. He's only had Tylenol twice and has 6 teeth.

• Options
    I use Hyland's teething tablets. I use to use Tylenol, and it didn't really work for the hardcore teething. The tablets did...weird, but awesome.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"