Working Moms
Options

XP- Grumpy baby, day after 1st day of daycare

Yesterday was DD first day of daycare. She is 5/12 months old. I have been working two  4 hour shifts at work since she was 4 weeks old. I worked during office hours so it was just me and DD so I always took pnp and toys and answered the phone when it rang. She stayed home with DH 3 maybe 4 times while I worked and he had the day off. Last week she stayed home all day with DH while I filled in for the office manager for a day. Yesterday I started back full days so DD went to daycare for the first time. This was her first time away from both DH and myself at the same time, and only her second full day away from me. DH picked her up from daycare yesterday around 4 and her teacher said she did great. She only took 2 30 mins naps, which I expected being in a new environment with new ppl. She was extremely fussy when I got home at 5:30. DH went to the gym (apparently he had a really bad day at work bc he rarely goes to the gym alone). I took the time to spend with DD. We played for about 30 mins all the while she was whiny! I gave her a bottle at 6:15ish and then a bath. She was asleep around 7:20. She slept all night until 5:30. I got her up and gave her a bottle since it had been almost 12 hrs since her last feeding. She ate, then played til 8:30 then took a 20 min nap. She has been whinning/crying ever since. I have tried tummy time, singing, playing with toys, exersaucer, rocking, cuddling, bottle and even checked for teeth. Nothing  was working. I finally went and put her back in her crib and let her CIO for 15 mins. She then fell asleep for about 45 mins. (So I did too) She is now playing in her exersaucer and seems fine.

Is normal behavior after being away from the parents at daycare/babysitter? Or is my baby being extra clingy/fussy? 

Sorry this is so long. I guess I just needed to type it all out so I can prove to myself that I tried everything and that I'm not being a bad momma!

Re: XP- Grumpy baby, day after 1st day of daycare

• Options
    Could just be adjustment. Hard to say. Could she also be teething and/or coming down with something?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    She's just tired after her first day.  Remember your first day of school or work?  bet you were exhausted.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It could be a lot, she will adjust to better naps so she may be overtired, she could be teething, and or catching something. If it is tiredness be rest assured that she will adjust. My son did not do well at first with napping and was a whiney kid for about a week but after a few weeks he adjusted and works two hours a day (he is one and a half and down to one nap).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"