February 2013 Moms
Options

Whoever wrote that babies can sense your mood..

...is a complete Ahole.  I have been super stressed out for weeks because DD has been such a bad napped that she ends up having crazy hour long meltdowns before naps.  Many days I even dread getting up in the morning because I'm terrified we'll have a bad nap day and I'll have to contend with her screaming for hours.  Then on top of all that I keep thinking of all these so called experts who write that baby can read your mood and can tell if you're stressed out, mad, etc. THAT makes me even more stressed out because I'm convinced I'm going to have this little stressed out baby.  I told DH last night that its probably a good thing I'm going back to work in two weeks because I'm most likely ruining her life because I'm such a stressed out mess anymore.  

No real point to this post, I'm just needing to vent! 

Re: Whoever wrote that babies can sense your mood..

• Options

I had a super bad day like that too not that long ago. We had to go back to napping in the RnP because during the day all DS wants to do in his crib is roll and army crawl....not conducive to sleep! :P

Hang in there Mama - it will get better! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    My DS is a terrible napper also. He only sleeps 30 minutes top in his crib or swing and then is miserable for the rest of the day. He sleeps great in my arms so I usually hold him for the first nap of the day, which will be about one to two hours. If I don't hold him, he is a bear by mid afternoon, but if I do then that carries him through the rest of the day w/ naps in his swing or crib.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageSagen:
    Just to add, I know my advice does absolutely nothing for helping the problem. Getting out, even for a day, helps saves my sanity :) 

I think you're right.   I get so spun up about them that I totally lose perspective.  She and I have left the house together 3 times since May. I stopped going out with her because I didn't want to screw up her nap schedule.  Now that I think about it, that's a little nutty!

• Options
    I know this probably won't be helpful but I just wanted to say that I DO think that your baby can pick up your temperament and react to it. When I am in a rush, DS always starts getting fussy. When I am calm, he is too. It's hard to regulate your own emotions sometimes but I have had to force myself not to get upset sometimes so that he will remain calm. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know about that. There have been a couple times that I've had total meltdowns since J was born and have just sat there sobbing with him in my arms and he totally has no idea what's going on. He thinks I'm playing with him. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"