Breastfeeding
Options

Mastitis

How long did it take for your temperature to go down? I was diagnosed last night and started clindomycin this morning. My temperature has been 102 for over 24 hours. I have also been taking ibuprofen. I am having extreme chills and can't stay warm and have dizzy spells.

I'm curious because DH is debating calling in sick tomorrow. I haven't been able to take care of my LO at all today. He just brings her to me to nurse

Edit for spelling

Re: Mastitis

• Options
    I had a bad fever the first day. I took Tylenol and that brought it down. I didn't even see the doc until a few days later. I don't think ibuprofen brings fever down.
  • Options

When I had it, I started feeling flu like symptoms around 2pm, called my Dr around 5pm and she called in a prescription that evening so I could start antibiotics asap. My fever broke over night and the next day it was back to normal (it had been 102 like yours) and I felt 100% better. 

I hope you feel better soon!  

N

Mr. Baby's ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejreavey:
    I had a bad fever the first day. I took Tylenol and that brought it down. I didn't even see the doc until a few days later. I don't think ibuprofen brings fever down.

Our doctor recommends alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen if one is not doing the trick because they both reduce fever through different mechanisms.

Hope you feel better soon!!

photo 10ebb789-afb8-45aa-93a6-7e8da795dd51_zpse91502e6.jpg
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kmc84kmc84 member
    Sorry you are still feeling bad. I had anywhere from 102103.8 for almost 24 hours after starting antibiotics. Mastitis sucks. You can take Tylenol or ibuprofen for your fever, both are antipyretics. If your husband can take the day off, have him do it. You need to rest as much as possible right now. Feel better!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    Just a reminder, but stay hydrated. Drink more water than normal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"