February 2013 Moms
Options

the pterodactyl phase

Oh my.  I had forgotten about this stage!  We have entered the pterodactyl phase.  My happy little shriek-er is sooo loud.  And he's up being a pterodactyl at midnight. Sigh.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: the pterodactyl phase

• Options
    Oh yeah. And DD1 thinks it's hilarious and imitates it or, if I'm in another room, comes in and screeches to inform me that DD2 is screeching in the other room (as if i couldn't hear it), so I've got 2 pterodactyls flying around. Well, one running and the other laying, but whatever. They both screech loudly.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

imagekelly321:
    Oh yeah. And DD1 thinks it's hilarious and imitates it or, if I'm in another room, comes in and screeches to inform me that DD2 is screeching in the other room (as if i couldn't hear it), so I've got 2 pterodactyls flying around. Well, one running and the other laying, but whatever. They both screech loudly.

Me too! It's too cute.  

Dd imitates him all the time.  Yesterday, she was walking around with a rattle, and a pacifier saying wah.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageholly321:

imagekelly321:

Me too! It's too cute.  

Dd imitates him all the time.  Yesterday, she was walking around with a rattle, and a pacifier saying wah.  

Yes! Mine also communicate through shrieks and babbling.  Then they look at each other and bust out giggling!  It's pretty cute. 

And pp -- I doubt it's over.  It comes and goes (in Target or the library usually) for years. Stick out tongue

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Omg, tell me about it! E loves to scream and mostly when you don't anticipate it so it scares the crap out of you!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    My LO is trying so hard to shriek, but hasn't quite grasped it.  She'll take a deep breath, hold it and squish her face up. It's cute to see her trying so hard :)
  • Options
    I love this b/c DH is famous among our friends for his pterodactyl cries. Now that DD has been doing it they have pterodactyl conversations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is loving her new little voice. Her eyebrows raise up so high and her mouth opens slightly to let out this ear piercing shriek. A my sisters house the other day, a firework went off in the afternoon, so we only heard the loud shriek and popping. A few seconds later DD sherieked so loud and poor auntie thought a firework went off right next to her. No, just DD and her lovely shriek. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    emd886emd886 member

haha love the terminology! Anyone know when this phase is supposed to end? I know that they are discovering their voice and all....but....i'm over it lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageemd886:

haha love the terminology! Anyone know when this phase is supposed to end? I know that they are discovering their voice and all....but....i'm over it lol

Ummm... I can't really tell my 2.5 yr old and my 5 mo old apart if I'm in the other room.  Sorry for the bad news. :)

• Options
    Hello ladies! Long time lurker here, but I just had to comment in relief that we are not alone with the pterodactyl that has taken up residency in our home! I'm a FTM and was beginning to wonder if something wasn't wrong with DD! Glad my little shrieker isn't the only one! Cheers! :)
  • Options
    Finished that last week and do I ever miss it! E just yells up a storm now like she's lecturing me, her toys, her bottle, the cat, you name it!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Haha omgosh, I thought I was alone with this! At first I kept thinking DD was upset at something, but she kept shrieking but smiling. She is crazy loud. My fianc? said they stopped at a stoplight, and she let out one long squeal for almost a minute until they started moving again! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"