Late Term and Child Loss
Options

Arrangements

Today I have started to make arrangements for the baby. We plan to cremate her but I have to call funeral homes.
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Arrangements

• Options
    I am so sorry you have to go through this.  I wish none of us had to experience this kind of loss.  I know how difficult this process is and I am sending you my thoughts and prayers.  ((((hugs))))
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• Options

Ticker warning

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.  Is there someone that can make those calls for you?  I was so overwhelmed and had troubles making decisions, not to mention I burst into tears anytime I had to talk to someone about it.  My dad made all the calls for me.  But I understand some people do want to take care of it themselves.  Huge hugs to you.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Those are extremely hard calls to make. I second seeing if a family friend or something will call on your behalf, just to gather the information and bring it back to you. Did you hospital tell you anything? Our hospital counselor told us there was one crematorium that would do babies for free, but had no room for a service or anything. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. I also highly recommend assigning a family member to that if you can. My mom called the funeral home and arranged that all which was so amazing even though I am sure it was difficult for her. It took me months to get the courage to call about the marker and even then I had a very ugly cry on the phone to the person at the monument company.
  • Options

My husband and I took care of it together. The hospital gave us a list of funeral homes and that's about it. My pastor use to work at one of the funeral homes so I called there and got everything worked out. We have a lot of support from our family and they are all coming together to help us pay for Elliannas urn and we are lucky that was the only thing needed to be paid for.

• Options
    Arrangements are such a personal thing, as far as what's right for you and your child. We had a family friend that told us about different things that are out there that parents do with the cremains (she's a funeral director). One of the things we ended up doing, and I wouldn't have known about if it weren't' for her, was cremation jewelry. I have a small pendant that holds some of Astrid's ashes, so that I can keep her with me everywhere. The rest of her ashes are in an urn by our bedside. Like I said though, it's such a personal decision. Just wanted to let you know, because we wouldn't have known if it weren't for the family friend. Sending more hugs!
    BFP # 1 11/2011, MC 12/2011 
    BFP #2 11/2012, Delivered at 21 weeks on 3/16/13 due to complications with bilateral renal agenesis. 
    ~~Missing Astrid Lynne~~
    BFP#3: 09/2013, EDD 5/14/14

Lilypie - (9zLl)
  • Options

imageJennyLynne:
    Arrangements are such a personal thing, as far as what's right for you and your child. We had a family friend that told us about different things that are out there that parents do with the cremains (she's a funeral director). One of the things we ended up doing, and I wouldn't have known about if it weren't' for her, was cremation jewelry. I have a small pendant that holds some of Astrid's ashes, so that I can keep her with me everywhere. The rest of her ashes are in an urn by our bedside. Like I said though, it's such a personal decision. Just wanted to let you know, because we wouldn't have known if it weren't for the family friend. Sending more hugs!

I got pendants for my husband and my inlaws and my mom. I will look for one for myself as well but not sure what to get yet. I ordered a cute little baby block urn today along with the pendants.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"