3rd Trimester
Options

BTDT mom - gift ideas for a friend, 7 weeks pp

Hi ladies, I wanted to pick you brain a little - I have a good friend that delivered 7 weeks ago and I am going to see her end of this week. I saw the baby in the hospital but this time I wanted to bring her something small, just to make her smile. The past few weeks were hard on her adjusting (she is FTM) so I just wanted to make a nice gesture :) What would you suggest? I was thinking a bath set but it seems like such a cliche and maybe its not something new mom would appreciate? I am FTM too so no experience yet :) Any ideas are appreciated!

Re: BTDT mom - gift ideas for a friend, 7 weeks pp

• Options

Eye mask (darkening). 

Candle (relaxing scent).

Healthy snacks.

Flowers (others have prob died and if she's cooped up in the house with baby - might be nice). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think a pre-made meal would probably be welcomed!
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCreedon778:
    I think a premade meal would probably be welcomed![/quote

I agree. For DS2, friends and neighbors brought over meals. I loved not having to think about cooking.
  • Options

imageCreedon778:
    I think a pre-made meal would probably be welcomed!

Absolutely this! A spa basket may be a nice thought, but she won't have time to use it anytime soon. She probably doesn't have time to cook either. So a pre-made meal or two that she can put in the freezer and warm up later is a great idea.

• Options
    a meal and some wine...if she drinks...a glass of wine can go a long way to just relax and put everything into perspective.
  • Options
    Prepared meal would be awesome!
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    Depends on your friend.

The 2 things I really wanted was a premade meal or a break. Even if it was just someone taking the kids so I could get a nap! Also house cleaning.

Some women really like spa baskets. I don't, but I am also allergic to many soaps and lotions.
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
  • Options
    A premade meal or depending on timing if she's nursing, taking her out for a pedicure or quick dinner. I do like the suggestion of a bottle of wine; however, if she's nursing, she may take offense (I could see my sister getting me a bottle of wine and I'd think she was dumb as rocks just because she does stupid stuff like offer me drinks while I'm pregnant and responding "oh, well some women drink while pregnant").
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageMrs. D S:
    Prepared meal would be awesome!

This! Although, when my friend had her baby in May I was lazy so I just picked up an assortment of baked goods from Panera Bread for the family to snack on or for breakfast.
  • Options

I agree with bringing a meal. But also, I made a breakfast basket for a new Mom friend recently. She seemed to really like it. (Things like muffins, OJ, yogurt + granola, cinnamon swirl bread, coffee/tea)

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Options
    I would assume a spa basket will end up where they always do, stuffed under the sink, or on display near the bath tub.

I would have loved a cooked meal brought to me after having a newborn. I ate crap.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"