Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

If your LO has tubes and had drainage due to infection...

If your LO has tubes and has had drainage due to an ear infection, what did the drainage look like?

My son has been pulling on his ears a lot the last week so I took him to the pedi on Friday morning to check his ears and she said they look fine, but he does have a bad thick snotty green nose and cough so she said it is possible that infection might head to his ears. Today (Sunday) I noticed one of his ears had a lot of wax with some white crusty with it. The wax is not "creamy" like normal wax, more dried and cracked when it came off his ear.  He is also teething and he has always pulled on his ears with teething so I am confused:) 

Is this drainage? FTM with this and wondering if I should take him back tomorrow or sound like I am overthinking it? 

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: If your LO has tubes and had drainage due to infection...

• Options
    DS is runny and yellow one times with a little blood. You can miss it because it just  drips out and runs down his face. Normally if I even suspect an infection I start the Eros for a couple days just to be cautious. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Options
    Older LO had tubes in January. He's only had drainage I noticed once but it was a yellowish orange and runny.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DS had horrible recurring ear infections and got tubes put in this past May.  Havent had a problem since, thank God!  However his ears would drain all the time with yellow/orange and thick drainage. And it was a lot of drainage... no way you could miss it

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RedDDDRedDDD member
    imageKristiBree:

DS had horrible recurring ear infections and got tubes put in this past May.  Havent had a problem since, thank God!  However his ears would drain all the time with yellow/orange and thick drainage. And it was a lot of drainage... no way you could miss it

Same here.  His ears will fill with hard yellow wax and sometimes his sheets will have small stains where his ears drained.  But thats what the tubes are for!  So I see it as a good sign.....would rather have the gross wax then another ear infection! :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"