Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Sippy Cup promotion...

Hey everyone,

So I posted a few months back about my LO's transition to a sippy cup from the bottle.  We had a tough time, but we ended up getting her to use the Munchkin Soft Spout sippy cup for her milk and she uses the Tommee Tippee straw cups for her water.  

I don't want her to use the same cup for both water and milk and we want to stick with the TT for her water.  

From research that I have done, I think it may be time to move her to a hard nipple spout.  I don't think that she is read for the big cup trainers yet (the ones that are similar to a travel coffee mug top if that makes sense).  I feel like if we used that she would just dump it all over her face!! So I think we need to go the hard nipple as the next step.  

Any suggestiong on the best kinds?  I REALLY want to avoid trying a zillion different kinds again (so expensive!).  We were gifted a few Platex hard spouts for her birthday...but they leak when the stopper isn't in.  Are there any that don't leak and/or don't need a stopper?  

Also--please let me know your thoughts on even bothering with the hard nipple.  (I just feel that she is still drinking from a "baby style" soft nipple even though she is in a sippy...and its time to change.)  She is 15 months old...

Appreciate any feedback!! 

Re: Sippy Cup promotion...

• Options

We use the playtex insulator cups with the hard spout. They come in small sizes with handles and larger without handles. We use the larger and my son loves them. Plus they have some really cute designs 

• Options

imageLalaMama81:
    I think you are overthinking it. Practically all we've ever used are take n toss straw cups or the spout ones. Those are cheap. I also give dd real cups at the table all the time.

This! We did recently buy some insulated ones that have Disney characters on them because they keeps drinks colder longer while we are at the beach. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 1 yr, BFP m/c 6weeks IUI #1-8 BFN IVF #1-2 - BFN Laproscopic - clear IVF #3 - BFP!!!!! 12/23 Beta #1-122, 12/29 Beta #2 - 1230, 1/4 Beta #3 8000+
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    APriceAPrice member

Tommee Tippee makes a sippy cup that looks like what you described...a on-the-go travel mug kind of. I thought we wouldn't have much success with this (I bought it because he loves drinking out of real cups at the table and makes a huge mess). After a few tries this is our go to sippy cup. It is a no spill cup even though it doesn't look like it...and trust me, he has put it to the test on many occasions including chewing on the bottom while full. He looks like such a big boy using it and it is by far the best one we have!

I wouldn't stress about sippy cups though! We just give him when we have and he adjusts...after a few tries he's got it! Good luck! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would stop using sippy cups and only use straw cups, better for her oral development. We like playtex straw cups, as well as munchkin if you don't want to use tt straw cups for milk.
  • Options
    The take n toss sippy cup doesn't use a stopper and I've read that the basic munchkin sippy without the stopper doesn't leak much.
  • Options
    Well pretty much any hard spout without a stopper is going to pour out fast and leak. That's the purpose of the stopper.
    We take the Playtex lil sipster top and put it on one of their bigger cups. It's kind of in between being a hard and soft spout. DS still prefers a softer spout, so it's a good compromise for him. He can't chew it to pieces like the soft spouts and straws, either.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"