Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Got lots of clothes....give a gift card??

My husband's coworker is moving next month and gave us 5 large totes of girl clothing that her daughter has outgrown. So now I have lots of clothes size 12 months-4T for my one year old daughter. It was so sweet of her to do that, and I would like to send her a thank you note with an AmEx or Target gift card. How much should the gift card be for? Is $50 enough or should it be more like $75-$100? I will truthfully donate at least half of the clothing (either stained or not my style) but a lot of it looks great and I'll hold onto....
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Got lots of clothes....give a gift card??

• Options
    That was very thoughtful of them. Honestly I would give them a 25 target giftcard and a nice thank you note. More than that seems excessive to me. If they were trying to get the money back they could have gone other routes to sell or consign the clothing.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I think a thank you note is honestly all you should give. Most people actually enjoy passing down their childre's old stuff. If they wanted money for the clothes, they would have sold them to a resale shop. Plus,  you don't want to start a thank you war!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsJetSet:
    That was very thoughtful of them. Honestly I would give them a 25 target giftcard and a nice thank you note. More than that seems excessive to me. If they were trying to get the money back they could have gone other routes to sell or consign the clothing.

I think 25 and a really nice note is more than enough. I do also agree that just a heartfelt note would be enough, too.

Anniversary g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't give a gift card. A note is adequate and she'll probably be pleasantly surprised at that.
  • Options
    imageSunAndRain:
    I wouldn't give a gift card. A note is adequate and she'll probably be pleasantly surprised at that.

I agree!
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • Options
    imagejociejones:
    I think a thank you note is honestly all you should give. Most people actually enjoy passing down their childre's old stuff. If they wanted money for the clothes, they would have sold them to a resale shop. Plus,  you don't want to start a thank you war!

Ditto. You like knowing the clothing will be used by someone you know. A thank you note now and if possible, would randomly in the future, send a photo of your LO in one of the favorite outfits from the person.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have passed down large amounts of clothing before and one time I received a couple outfits in my daughters current size (nothing super expensive, maybe $20-$25 worth?) and another time we got a small gift card for a restaurant (I think it was $20).

I had a large amount of clothing handed down to me a few months ago (I counted, and it was over 200 pieces...I kept about 100 of them).  I gave a $20 GC and a nice thank you note in return because everything was in amazing shape and very high quality brands.  She was so surprised and grateful! 
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"