Cloth Diapering
Options

ON, leaks, disposables, rolling over, etc...

So on an exciting note DS started rolling from back to front when he turned 4 months. On a less than exciting note, he still hasn't figured out how to get off his belly, which means for the last few days every night he ends up stuck on his stomach, and wakes up MAD AS A WET HORNET SCREAMING. That being said, we've still been using disposables overnight until I have a ON stash built up. I think that time has finally come, because last night I finally got him to fall back asleep then noticed his entire left side was soaked with pee! People who say disposables are more absorbent are off their rockers! If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. He is 4 months, 20 lbs, and I think a pretty heavy wetter. During the day he's changed at least every 2 hours.

Re: ON, leaks, disposables, rolling over, etc...

• Options

We use a microfiber and a hemp insert for overnight. I've heard that sandwiching a microfiber between two hemp inserts works great too.

As for the rolling over, when we were at this transition period we just laid him down close to the side of his crib. He would only roll to the right so he was too close to the side to roll over that way. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If you have the budget, go with wool and a good fitted.

For us a good sized prefold and a hemp doubler with a cover has worked most of the time. I'd say I've only had about 5 to 10 leaks in 6 months.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

For us, stuffing a bigger pocket (we use a blueberry) with a bamboo prefold (imagine brand) and a hemp doubler (Joey Bunz) has worked great for months. LO is now at the point where his diaper is soaked every morning, although he rarely leaks, so we're going to give a fitted with wool a try.

Sposies are crap.

January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• Options

DD isn't an overly heavy wetter... so take this for what it's worth.

We have S'bish fitteds and they work fine.  but we also have $8 AMP hemp prefolds that work just as well and clean easier.  Even if we needed a doubler, it'd be cheaper to go that route than the fitteds.  But again, DD isn't a super heavy wetter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you using a nighttime sposie?  Just asking.  It doesn't matter since it is looking like you want to go cloth.  I'd go with a fitted and a wool cover if I were you.  You can always try beefing up a pocket, but it seems like less effort to go with the fitted and cover...totally worth the money I think. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    We've always had good luck with a GMD Workhorse fitted with a doubler and standard cover (thirsties, rumparooz etc.). DD's diaper is definitely wet in the morning, but we've never had a leak with this set-up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"