Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Diastasis Recti

Hi ladies! I just found out that have diastasis recti with a 2 1/2-3 finger gap. For those of you that have/had it, could you recommend some good exercises? I found some that I'm going to try, but I wanted to see what worked well for everyone else.

And I know everyone is different, but when did you start seeing some improvement?

TIA!

Re: Diastasis Recti

• Options

Have you read Tupler's book Lose Your Mummy Tummy?  That's a good one.

https://fit2b.us/ is an online "gym" that has Tummy Safe workouts for diastasis recti.

No comment on improvement - that would require me to actually be doing the exercises!  :) 

• Options
    I ended up going to physical therapy to correct mine b/c it was so bad and was the reason I sustained a significant back injury. One thing I know you DO NOT want to do are regular crunches, they will make it worse. You want to work your internal muscles (using your kegels to hold your pelvic floor while doing helpful exercises). I would suggest talking to a professional. Mine was about as wide as my hand and is now pretty much closed except for 1 finger width behind my belly button thanks to physical therapy. It's easier to fix the earlier you try to correct it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"