February 2013 Moms

Hoarse Baby?

My LO spent the day at his grandma's yesterday, so I could get some cleaning and errands done. When I went to pick him up she said he wasn't acting like he was feeling to good, and is hoarse when he cries. 

Today it's the same thing, he is acting like he is feeling a little better, but not 100%. He is still hoarse, it might be getting worse? No coughing, no fever, I am a FTM, so I don't really have a clue what is going on. His doctors office isn't open right now, I've already tried calling. 

Any ideas on what's wrong? 

Any suggestions on what to do?

TIA! 

Johna and Justin Married since 2011
                 Baby Jasper born 2.23.13 8lbs 15 oz. 

Re: Hoarse Baby?

• My guess would be either lots of smoke/dust/pollutant in the house at gmas?  Or he cried all day...  Unless he has other symptoms or seems to be struggling for breath I wouldn't worry yet.  ETA:  Use a humidifier/saline drops in nose.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Does he have reflux? My lil guy is hoarse when he doesn't get his reflux meds.
  • Loading the player...
  • There's not that much dust, and the house is smoke free noone smokes. Maybe reflux I didn't know that could make them hoarse it's been getting a little worse of the past couple over weeks for some reason. Sorry for the typos I'm on my phone.
  • Does he have some zantac?  Is he feeling any better?  At least your pedi will be open tomorrow morning. :(

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No we don't have zantac, his pedi didn't recommend anything. I'm debating switching, she's not the best, but that's a whole other topic. He's not feeling better yet :( We are trying the humidifier. He is being a cuddle bug, and only mommy will do right now. I hope he gets to feeling better, I miss my smiling boy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"