September 2013 Moms
Options

Sprinkle etiquette

I'm in a stay at home mommies group and they are doing a diaper and wipes sprinkle for me! So thoughtful of them! My question is, what is the sprinkle etiquette? Do you do thank you's? Should I make favors? It's just a small get together, not a big ordeal like a traditional shower is.

Re: Sprinkle etiquette

• Options
    I don't know what the technical etiquette is, but I would still do thank you's.  I think any time someone gives a gift, it warrants a thank you note, but maybe that's just the southern girl in me.  :)

We said goodbye to our sweet Taylor Ashley on August 8, 2012.We lost baby Noelle on May 1, 2015

Mom to Cam and Al, now expecting baby number 3, August 2016. Praying for lots of sticky baby dust!
  • Options
    caovercaover member
    Absolutely do thank you cards. 
    4 m/c between 2007-2012 Twin girls born 15 weeks premature on 8.17.10 BFP 1.24.13 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My mommies group is throwing me a sprinkle as well. I definitely plan on sending thank yous. ...other than that, you can offer to help, but will more than likely be turned down...at least I was :-)

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• Options
    I'm doing presents for my hostesses and will send thank yous to everyone: bbworks is doing their annual sale, so I made gift basket full of goodies and spent 15.00 on everything all together for 3 hostesses! Ahhh they're so CUTE!!!
  • Options
    Any time someone gives you a gift or hosts a party, thank you cards are absolutely necessary
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    That's very nice of them! I would definitely do thank yous.
  • Options
    Okay I'm glad you all agree about the thank you's! I tend to send them out for like.... everything. I actually was asking in case it would be weird to send them. Now my next problem is deciding what to bring!
  • Options
    imagerevlaurawittman:
    I don't know what the technical etiquette is, but I would still do thank you's. nbsp;I think any time someone gives a gift, it warrants a thank you note, but maybe that's just the southern girl in me. nbsp;:

Agreed. I hate it when people don't send thank you notes for shower gifts. I think it is very rude. If someone took the time to think of you, they should get a thank you note.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options

imageravenclaw1:
    Any time someone gives you a gift or hosts a party, thank you cards are absolutely necessary

THIS.

There is never a time where people give you a gift and a thank you note is not in order. 

"She's the tied for the third-funniest person on this board!" -S13 Bumpies

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"