August 2011 Moms
Options

Holy forest fires!

Mobile Bumpers: Holy forest fires!

They are so bad they caused some major power lines to shut down, causing a widespread power outage 2 days in a row. We're talking about fires that are over 700 miles from us, so you can imagine how bad they must be to be causing trouble all the way down here. (They're actually part of the same "group" of fires, if you will call it that, that had kjgilhoo worried not long ago)

We lost power at about 5PM yesterday. Lucky for us, our picnic was already packed and ready to go, and then power was restored by the time we got back home. Thank goodness for that because with that kind of heat, I don't think the food in the refrigerator/freezer would have lasted very long.

To get a better idea of how bad it is, click here and here.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Holy forest fires!

• Options

This is a pic that I put on FB this morning.  I'll delete later, but it's so eerie here this morning.  Even with lights on in the house it's hard to see.

MHa, I hope you're power outages stop soon!  Everything in Labrador West is grounded this morning.  Water bombers, fire trucks, you name it.  The major highway is closed and even emergency vehicles aren't allowed through because of the smoke.  I just hope residents continue to stay safe!

If someone could make it clicky, go mad.  I can't figure it out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Here you go!

That looks surreal, k. I am glad you guys aren't in any immediate danger.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"