Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Older Babies--PNP Mattress

(Reposted from Toddlers 12-24 months)

My son is 17 months and about 25 lbs.  We have a Graco PNP and will be going on a week long vacation this summer with hopes that he will sleep in the PNP but I think the mattress that it came with is too hard for him now that he's older and weighs more.  I want him to sleep comfortably while we are on vacation.  Has anyone tried the mattresses that fit the PNP that are a little thicker?  

I'm thinking of one like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Dream-On-Me-Graco-Mattress/dp/B006Z2BZBU  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Older Babies--PNP Mattress

• Options
    I haven't tried that mattress but FWIW DS1 slept in a pnp with the original mattress while we traveled until he was 2yo without issue.
  • Options
    Haven't tried that. We took DS on a week-long vacation last year and he was also 17 months at the time - and he was almost 30 lbs. He slept wonderfully in the PNP as it is. I hope that helps!
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We used the PnP, with the mattress it came with, while traveling until DD outgrew it height-wise. (So... 2 and a half?) She never had a problem with the mattress. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yes I have it and it helps make it more comfortable. It's better than what it comes with!!
  • Options

With DS I got a foam mattress pad at Walmart for $12, and cut it down to fit the PNP.  It's easy to travel with, and you can even put multiple layers down to get the thickness you want.  Our PNP is a hand-me-down from my sister who had 3 kids so the PNP pad is pretty worn, this really helps cushion it.

I don't think I'd spend $40 on a mattress unless LO slept in the PNP frequently.

• Options
    We use these Carters Velour Playard Sheets. They are plush and add a little more comfort to that stiff thin mattress. My 2yr old loves sleeping in the PNP at her grandmas house with these
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"