August 2012 Moms
Options

for the nonreligious

So I'm going through Amir's and Nene's bookcase and I realize I have a pile of religious, Christian, books about Easter, Christmas, kids bibles, prayers, bible stories, the like.
I'm not a religious person in the sense of the Christian dogma but I am very spiritual.
What would you do with these books? Keep then till they're older. Give then away our go ahead and read them to then and explain your belief system afterwards?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: for the nonreligious

• Options
    I guess it depends on what you want them to learn. Do you want them to know about other religions? You could keep them and explain to them what some people believe. Use them as a teaching tool.
    Or you could just donate them.
    Although this is coming from a religious person. Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • Options
    imageLiliDragon:
    I thought you had him dedicated in your church? By doing that didn't you basically make a covenant to raise him with a religious upbringing? I'm def not trying to be snarky here. Just wondering why you dedicated him if you're not religious and don't even want religious books in your house...

This.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageLiliDragon:
    I thought you had him dedicated in your church? By doing that didn't you basically make a covenant to raise him with a religious upbringing? I'm def not trying to be snarky here. Just wondering why you dedicated him if you're not religious and don't even want religious books in your house...

None taken. I'm not but my hubs is. I did the same with my daughter. We made a covenant to raiser him in a godly manner that has nothing to do with church. That means we are raising our kids with morals, empathy and compassion. I held my own dedication to my path for both my kids. You don't need a church to raiser children this way but because I an married to someone religious. I did my wifely duty and compromised.
  • Options
    I was gifted a really creepy religious book before DD was born. It was something about angels visiting a baby in utero? Very odd. DH and I threw that one in the garbage. I was not about to pass that on to anyone else!
  • Options
    imageJessiP613:
    I was gifted a really creepy religious book before DD was born. It was something about angels visiting a baby in utero? Very odd. DH and I threw that one in the garbage. I was not about to pass that on to anyone else!

O_o ummmm.....yea, no. That's crazy.
  • Options
    imageLiliDragon:

Ah, ok. Makes sense. Maybe keep the books so your H can read them with the kids, if that's his thing. He can show them his way, you can show them yours. Ultimately they will choose their own path, but IMO one can't really "choose" unless one sees both sides of the coin. KWIM?

Yea that's what I decided to do. I got rid of the JW ones from her Nana but am keeping the rest and will just add my bits.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"