Breastfeeding
Options

6 months. Supply issues. How do I supplement?

Hey there. Old ticker, sorry!! I have a 23 mo old and a 6 month old. BF has been a challenge and I really would love to EBF until a year but I have a low supply due to DD being tongue tied and having a high pallet. LC said to supplement formula but I didn't want to further damage my supply so I've been pumping at nap and bedtime and supplementing with my pumped milk. NOT working!! I am only getting 3 oz at a time with 1.5 hours of on/off power pumping. I cannot pump anymore, its simply too stressful and takes time away from my DS and DH. DD is 3rd percentile and simply not getting enough. Suggestions on how to supplement with formula without my supply tanking? Or ant other options??

Re: 6 months. Supply issues. How do I supplement?

• Options
    I've just started having to supplement over the past week.  My pediatrician said that my daughter isn't gaining enough weight--she's only in the 5th percentile for weight but 50% for height.  For the past week, I've just been giving her formula immediately after she breastfeeds so that it isn't actually replacing any of her feeding times.  I let her nurse as long as she wants, and when she's done, I give her the formula to top her off.  So far, so good.  I'm also making sure that I still feed her as often as I had been prior to starting supplementing.
    imageimage
    Me: 35 DH: 30 TTC since 1/2010 DX: 6/15/2011: MFI IVF with ICSI

IVF #1: Sept 2011: Beta 10/10- BFP!! 1st u/s 10/31/11 1 blighted ovum, 1 embryo 2nd u/s 11/14/11 stopped growing, no h/b D/C 11/17/11

IVF #2: FET 5/4/12 : Beta 5/16/12 BFN

IVF #3: ET 7/6/12 : 7/18 Beta #1 BFP at 246, 7/20 Beta #2 at 713, 7/27 Beta #3 at 9068. 1st u/s 8/7 with one lovely hb.
    Mabel is here! 2/17/13!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"