September 2013 Moms
Options

Placenta Previa?

Hi, I'm 28 Weeks tomorrow and I had an ultra sound on Friday to check if my placenta was covering my cervix. It was covering by 2cm. Have not heard from the doctor, but was wondering...
Is this full Placenta Previa?
Will I be put on Bed Rest/Pelvic Rest?
I ultra sound tech just told me look out for bleeding and I might have to have. CSection.
Anyone else experience this?
Thanks! :

Re: Placenta Previa?

• Options

I have a complete previa. I am not on bed rest, but I am on pelvic rest. I have had no bleeding thus far, and I am 28 weeks in. Right now, because I have a complete previa I would need a c-section. And, they wouldn't want me going into labor on my own because of the risk for bleeding, so they'd schedule me early, at 37 weeks or so. As far as whether you'd need one, it totally depends on how much is covering it. I'm not sure if covering by 2cm is a full or complete...my experience has only been 100% coverage of my cervix. 

Also, it's possible for your placenta to move out of the way, making a c-section unnecessary. My drs office makes the call on  the c-section due to placenta previa at 32 weeks. If by then it hasn't moved out of the way enough, then I'll get the c-section. 

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • Options
    imageStretchad:

I have a complete previa. I am not on bed rest, but I am on pelvic rest. I have had no bleeding thus far, and I am 28 weeks in. Right now, because I have a complete previa I would need a c-section. And, they wouldn't want me going into labor on my own because of the risk for bleeding, so they'd schedule me early, at 37 weeks or so. As far as whether you'd need one, it totally depends on how much is covering it. I'm not sure if covering by 2cm is a full or complete...my experience has only been 100% coverage of my cervix. 

Also, it's possible for your placenta to move out of the way, making a c-section unnecessary. My drs office makes the call on  the c-section due to placenta previa at 32 weeks. If by then it hasn't moved out of the way enough, then I'll get the c-section. 

Me exactly...been on pelvic rest since 24 weeks.  I'm 29 weeks now and my midwife said at the next ultrasound at almost 31 weeks that's most likely when they'll make the call to do the c-section at 37 weeks.  I have a US scheduled for July 10th and then a midwife appt after that to decide.   Problem is, I'm short (4'11") and baby is huge - 95th percentile, so I don't know if the placenta even has room to move with me.  No spotting or bleeding as they'd expect so I guess that's a good sign.

??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am sorry for your diagnosis.  I was diagnosed with total previa at 17 weeks after a hemhorrhage.  I was told that it could move, but mine did not.  It is a good sign that you are not on bed rest.  Pelvic rest is standard.  Just take it easy and good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"