August 2013 Moms
Options

Vent: Pictures

So, his sister is a photographer and she is doing our maternity pictures but something always comes up. It's getting to the point where I feel uncomfortable asking because I feel like a pest. I wish I didn't want to have pictures done. I am crying because I get more and more stretch marks with every passing week and the baby is going to be here soon. I would feel rude hiring someone else and I'm not even sure anyone will be available with such little notice. 

Sorry - I know it's not a blog, I just can't seem to hold my frustration in. Darn hormones. At the point where if I'm not smiling, I'm crying. Haha. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Vent: Pictures

• Options
    Don't be sorry! We are here to listen to complaints. That sounds very frustrating. I'm sorry that your sister put you in a tough spot.
  • Options
    I would at least try to book another photographer. It might hurt her feelings but if you really want them done and she doesn't have time then you have no other choice.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagelisarene77:
    I would at least try to book another photographer. It might hurt her feelings but if you really want them done and she doesn't have time then you have no other choice.

This.  I understand if it was something that wasn't important to you but it seems to be so I'd at least start looking around at other photographers.  Maybe even let her know, but in a nice way, "You seem to be pretty busy so I've started seeing if there is someone else available so you have one less shoot to worry about" kinda thing?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Don't be sorry. I would just ask her one more time, then if it doesn't work out, contact another photographer. You tried to make it work with her so you have nothing to feel bad about. I have heard that maternity pics are best done between 3537 weeks.. Sometimes you can find one who has a package deal for maternity1st year pictures!
    A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    Sometimes you just can't rely on people, even if they are close to you, sucks I know... If I had of left it up to my wedding planner friend to plan my baby shower like she said she was going to I would have been screwed! I ended up making the invitations myself and one of my other friends and my mom pitched in to help do the shopping for food/booze/decorations. There's nothing wrong with going another route IMO good luck!

BabyFruit Ticker

j13 sept. siggy challenge: Apples:

• Options
    The thing about being a pro photog, is that photos of your family always get put on the backburner.

I would tell her straight out. I am at the end of my third tri. I really need these done by X date, especially since baby can arrive at 37 weeks. I really want you to do them. However, if you dont have time to get them done in the next two weeks, is there someone you recommend that I contact? I don't want to be a pest, but if I go into labor early I am going to miss out on photos that are extremly important to me.

Put the ball in her court. And if she doesn't set a firm date right away, find someone else.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    RK125RK125 member
    imagesuchgreatheights324:

imageCelticWife:
    The thing about being a pro photog, is that photos of your family always get put on the backburner. I would tell her straight out. I am at the end of my third tri. I really need these done by X date, especially since baby can arrive at 37 weeks. I really want you to do them. However, if you dont have time to get them done in the next two weeks, is there someone you recommend that I contact? I don't want to be a pest, but if I go into labor early I am going to miss out on photos that are extremly important to me. Put the ball in her court. And if she doesn't set a firm date right away, find someone else.

This is great advice. She may just not realize how close it is to your due date. This way you give her a chance to bow out and not have to worry about hurting feelings.

This. Maybe she doesn't understand how important they are to you? I know you don't want to hurt her feelings, but you definitely don't want to miss out on something so important to you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageWhiteman327:
    I don't think it's rude to hire someone else, I think it's rude what she's doing! I would be completely honest and let her know you're dealing with some selfesteem issues and are concerned you're going to miss this opportunity. I'd give her a heads up if it doesn't happen by whatever date you set, then you'll have to ask someone else.

I agree. You don't have to give reasons if you don't want to, but set a deadline and just tell her that if she can't find time in her schedule by x date, you are hiring someone else. Don't feel bad!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageCelticWife:
    The thing about being a pro photog, is that photos of your family always get put on the backburner. I would tell her straight out. I am at the end of my third tri. I really need these done by X date, especially since baby can arrive at 37 weeks. I really want you to do them. However, if you dont have time to get them done in the next two weeks, is there someone you recommend that I contact? I don't want to be a pest, but if I go into labor early I am going to miss out on photos that are extremly important to me. Put the ball in her court. And if she doesn't set a firm date right away, find someone else.

This :) 

image image

• Options
    imageSoleil3:

imageCelticWife:

This :) 

All of the above; as a nicety, you can open with "I know it is wedding season, and you must be so busy!" I have several friends that are pro shutterbugs, and they are impossible to pin down this time of year. Tell her you don't want to inconvenience her, and maybe she can clear a certain date for newborn photos. Give her an out as well as a way to still do something for her niece/nephew.   Best of luck 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"