April 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone quit their job on maternity leave?

Mobile : Anyone quit their job on maternity leave?

I'm just curious if anyone quit their job while on maternity leave, how did that work with you HR department? Did you have to repay any benefits, were you able to leave on good standing or is it considered not giving a 2 weeks notice?

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

Re: Anyone quit their job on maternity leave?

• Options
    It's probably different in the states than Canada, but here you need to stay employed 30 days after your leave ends in order to not have to repay. Or if you have a cool boss, they can leave the return date as unknown
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    none5none5 member
    I did! All of my benefits are through my husband's work so I am not much help. My boss was awesome about it. I just had to write a letter of resignation and clean out my desk. However, HR is supposed to contact me about an exit interview. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the response!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker                                                                  

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    Im on FMLA leave so its unpaid other then what i had saved up in vacation to use while gone. Actually am suppose to go back the end of July but Im planning on telling my boss i wont be returning, I just dont know how to tell her....:-(. My husband and will be moving to another state though.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"