December 2012 Moms
Options

Ugh... cinnamon allergy

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Ugh... cinnamon allergy

• Options

Poor baby!

I would check out the food allergy board. From what I have heard they are great and would be able to answer any questions that you had.

Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DD2 had a milk, egg, peanut/tree nut, and wheat sensitivity at 10 months. We discovered after she stole DD1's milk cup and broke out in hives. We took her to a pediatric allergist where they did a 'scratch test' and we discovered the above. 

When I look back, she had a lot of skin issues (excema) we apparently if often linked to food allergies.  

We found out later she could eat cooked milk products (i.e. if milk was in something like cakes she was fine) and some baked egg too (not scrambled). First her wheat sensitivity disappeared. Then at 2.5 we did a milk challenge at the local Children's Hospital. She consumed yogurt and drank cow's milk in a controlled setting and remained for two hours post for latent reactions. She passed this, and just this past November passed her egg challenge.

Our allergist won't do peanuts/tree nut challenges until 5 or older.

If it is a food allergy, it's not the end of the world. You learn quickly how to change what you eat and learn to really examine products.

Because of DD2's allergies, we are waiting for milk products until 9 months w/DD3.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    Did the puree get on her skin?  I remember with DD and the little girl I used to babysit for if they got cinnamon around their mouths it would turn red and irritated.  But would disappear within an hour or so.  It wasn't an allergy, it's just that cinnamon is kind of spicy and bothered their skin.  Maybe that's what's going on? 
  • Options
    kimskikimski member

imagesschwege:
    Did the puree get on her skin?  I remember with DD and the little girl I used to babysit for if they got cinnamon around their mouths it would turn red and irritated.  But would disappear within an hour or so.  It wasn't an allergy, it's just that cinnamon is kind of spicy and bothered their skin.  Maybe that's what's going on? 

this exactly is what happened with our first. Now that  she's older we don't have as much of an issue. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
  • Options

imagesschwege:

This exactly. DD had this problem early on and it cleared up fine. Cinnamon is extremely caustic, so their sensitive baby skin can react easier.  

imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"