Multiples
Options

I have a walker!

OK, I have a beginner walker.  DD took her first steps today.  She took 4 wobbly steps.  Then about an hour later she took another 6 and caught herself before she fell twice.  I have no idea how she did that other than to say she has really good balance.

DS is walking with assistance of either me or a walking/riding bike.  Usually he gets things about 2 weeks after DD.

For anyone with b/g twins...if your daughter started walking first, how long did it take for your son to catch on?  I know all babies are different.  I'm just wondering if the desire to walk supersedes the desire to roll or crawl.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image

Re: I have a walker!

• Options
    My daughter is on the verge of walking, my son just started crawling. Physically she is amazingly fast but he's a big guy.
  • Options
    Not b/g but my oldest has been walking for 2.5m and my youngest is just taking his beginning steps this week.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageReilly626:
    My daughter is on the verge of walking, my son just started crawling. Physically she is amazingly fast but he's a big guy.

This is mine! My DD has done everything first. She's crawling everywhere and my DS is still trying to figure out crawling. My DD is going to walk soon, I just know it. My DS, no way : But he'll get it eventually. I want him to catch up so bad, but I have to remind myself they are 2 separate little humans, so I can't expect them to do the same things. But I can't wait for them to start walking. Then I can finally start wearing THEM out instead of them only wearing me out.
    TTC Since Jan. 2011
    July 2011: Clomid 50mg- No ovulation
    Sept 2011: Clomid 100mg- No ovulation
    Nov 2011: Clomid 150mg- No ovulation
    Jan-Feb 2012: 150mg Clomid and 5 mg Femara w/ Orvidrel Shot- Ovulation!!
    Feb 2012: IUI #1- BFP
    Beta #1: 206
    Beta #2: 2496
    Feb 16: TWINS!!!
    June 13: Found out genders... Boy/Girl (Team Green)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/acc1h5.jpg[/IMG]
  • Options
    Eeep!  That is so awesome!! 
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Aw, congrats!! We aren't far behind, mine have started bursts of standing unassisted. So cute, love baby drunken walking, hehe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DD has been about a month ahead of DS on all physical things. Rolling, sitting up, crawling, cruising.  She took her first steps at 11 months and is now practically running everywhere at 13 months. It took him till about 12 1/2 months to really be willing to take steps on his own.  He is now walking on his own all around the house and outside, but he's still slow and a little wobbly.  Walking definitely took him a little longer than everything else to figure out.

We are figuring out walking in sneakers now, and that is a whole new challenge.  

Photobucket

IVF #1 was a success! Harrison and Brooke born at 37 weeks. 6lbs8oz and 6lbs11oz. Loving life as a MoM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracles

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"