Parenting
Options

Gardasil doing its job

I'm so bummed this came out after I was too old to get it (and after my bout with HPV and pre-cancerous cells). I just can't believe there are people who are wary of it still: https://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/19/hpv-rates-down-more-than-expected/?hpt=hp_t2
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gardasil doing its job

• Options
    I never was diagnosed with it, but I am sure I came into contact with it at some point. DDs will be getting those shots as soon as they are old enough. When I asked DH what he thought, he said he didn't care if I was against it, they are getting it. I got a little faklempt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There are many strains of it and Gardasil covers 4.  I came into contact with it, but my dr still recommended that I get the vaccination since I was still within the age range.

Funny story about that.  StbXH was so pissed that I was getting it because he couldn't understand why I would need to worry about that.  I was like "it's my health bro."

Oh look, glad I got it.   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the reminder.  I saw this post and went to make the twins an appointment for their 3rd shot. 
     Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am getting mixed reviews on this VAX. A page I have on Facebook linked an article on the liberty beacon.com about how a founder of the vaccine had to come clean so she could sleep at night. Now I am reading this article and it is definitely securing my belief in gardisil.

I got all three shots. The second one hurt like a b!tch and I was so scared to get the third one because they said they get progressively worse but the 3rd one hardly hurt at all.

Our Little Raspberry Born 3/27/12
  • Options
    Yay, science!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    I had a friend who reacted very badly to the first dose. She got a high fever, kept blacking out, vomiting. She had some fertility issues afterward, but not sure of that was related.

I on the other hand got all 3 and turned out ok. Except for my glow in the dark pubes. I shave them and sell them to merkin makers all over the world.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got it, even though it was pointless in my case. It came out when I was about 20. I was already in a very serious relationship with DH. But my mom still encouraged me to get it, just incase things didn't work out I guess.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:

imagewiggyslilsis:
    I am getting mixed reviews on this VAX. A page I have on Facebook linked an article on the liberty beacon.com about how a founder of the vaccine had to come clean so she could sleep at night. Now I am reading this article and it is definitely securing my belief in gardisil. I got all three shots. The second one hurt like a b!tch and I was so scared to get the third one because they said they get progressively worse but the 3rd one hardly hurt at all.

You should probably read a credible news source and then make your decision. That's not quite how it happened.

https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-500690_162-5253431.html

That's actually really interesting that it may not work longer than 5 years. It's a serious challenge in vaccine work. It's why you have to get a tetanus booster every 10 years. I imagine it's a case where the efficiency falls over time and varies from person to person.

It's probably best to think of it as a layer of protection and not iron-clad armor. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Options
    imagekrptcmschfmkr128:

imageLibby1978:
    Thanks for the reminder.  I saw this post and went to make the twins an appointment for their 3rd shot. 

That's right ladies, boys should get it too.  I was just getting ready to mention this lol

Yep, DS will be getting it as soon as he's old enough. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"