2nd Trimester
Options

The appointment ?

Having just had my 24 week appointment earlier today everything except blood pressure was in line and looked good. Jacob (my doctor) was however concerned about that BP being somewhat higher than normal today (144/96) so I was placed in one of their examining rooms; told to lie down and relax - then about an hour or so later a nurse came in re-checking to see if it had returned to a more normal range. It?s back down to (122/74) so I was released to go home.

They told me to stop by in about a week so a nurse could check it - making sure it wasn?t elevated.

I decided I?d check it several times over the next several days; so I?d have some idea about what it?s doing before going back in next week. Then I?d be able to discuss with them if I?m having a problem. Wish my luck!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The appointment ?

• Options
    Oh good luck!
  • Options
    I tend to have white coat syndrome and present with high BP at the doctor's office. I've found it helps to take it at a pharmacy before hand maybe the evening before. I always take a photo of the reading on my phone and bring it with me. I hope everything resolves.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    They let you lay down there for an hour!  You didn't have anywhere to go?  My BP is always high when they take it the first time.  They usually recheck at the end of the appointment and it's fine, but I wouldn't want to stay for an hour.  Also, sometimes they use a bigger cuff or take it manually.  You may want to try that instead of having to lay there for that long.
  • Options
    MNixMNix member
    Thanks ladies for the input - I'll use it so I stay in a more normal range which I usally do. Its usually in the 120/125 over 72/78 range. Again thanks for yall's input.

Anniversary

• Options
    Hope everything levels out for you. I had high bp with #1 and pre-e. One thing they told me to do was to lay on my left side whenever possible. This helps bring the pressure down. Also, take it easy this week and drink a lot of water, keep your feet up.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I always have high bp at the dr office and its fine at home. I hate that my dr put me on bp medicine! I have to take it twice a day, plus an aspirin and vitamin. Hate hate hate it. (Im bad with remembering to take pills. hence the first baby..) With my last one they thought I had pre-e but I didn't. You will be fine. I just try to think of something funny or soothing. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"