February 2013 Moms
Options

Kelly321 and other moms of insomniacs...

Didn't want to take away from the other post, but you wrote this, "DD2 doesn't show much change between home and elsewhere yet, but that's not saying much because her sleep is crap anyway. Her naps are 5-30 min long and at night she wakes up every hour."

Just wanted to say my son is the same.  I am about to lose it.  My husband stayed home today to help me and I basically let him take care of the baby all day bc my frustration tolerance is currently at 0.  We are currently waking up every hour at LEAST during the night.

I'm guessing you don't have any advice--I sure don't--but figured I could at least commiserate.  :(

PCOS 
Off bcp March 2011 
Aug 2011-Feb 2012 tried to regulate cycles w/ Metformin -- no luck 
April 2012: Clomid (50mg) + Injects + TI = BFN
May 2012: Clomid (100mg) + Injects + TI = BFP on 6/8/12   

Lilypie - (74ba)

Re: Kelly321 and other moms of insomniacs...

• Options
    Maybe you could try sleep training?
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    imagekleigh926:
    Maybe you could try sleep training?

This.

I know my baby isn't at the suggested age for sleep training, but one night I was just so fed up that I laid her in her bed and walked away. I had no intention of letting her CIO until she was at least 4 months adjusted so please don't grill me, but I couldn't handle myself that night, let alone a screaming infant.. ANYWAYS, she cried for about 10 minutes and I started to feel bad so I gave her her paci. She fell asleep and woke up crying again about 5 mins later, and this time I thought to myself I wonder how long she would cry if I didn't go in. About 8 mins later she conked out and slept for 6 hours straight. It was so amazing. She has never looked back and now sleeps from ~7 to 5-6

tl;dr
    Sleep training may not be as awful as a lot of people make it sound. I totally recommend it. You will be sooooo happy when you're getting quality sleep.
    I don't have advice about naps because her naps are crappy, but I don't care cause she sleeps at night :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was definitely having the same issues before we moved to sleep training.  The week before DH had to come home from work early two days and then had to work from home for another day.  I wish I could say that I found some magical reserve of patience and strength but I was at the end of my rope.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

First to address the sleep training comments - I'm not at all opposed to sleep training in the right circumstances. We used Ferber with DD1 and it worked miracles.

Having said that, DD1 is still going through the 4-month wakeful. Thankfully, the last 2 nights have been back to her waking up every 2.5-3 hours, and I can live with that.

imageLyssRob:

Didn't want to take away from the other post, but you wrote this, "DD2 doesn't show much change between home and elsewhere yet, but that's not saying much because her sleep is crap anyway. Her naps are 5-30 min long and at night she wakes up every hour."

Just wanted to say my son is the same.  I am about to lose it.  My husband stayed home today to help me and I basically let him take care of the baby all day bc my frustration tolerance is currently at 0.  We are currently waking up every hour at LEAST during the night.

I'm guessing you don't have any advice--I sure don't--but figured I could at least commiserate.  :(

Lyss, I can completely sympathize with you. I don't know if you're BFing or FFing (we're FFing), but our plan was to slowly extend time between feedings at night. So if she started consistently waking every hour to drink an oz, then the next night we would extend to an hour and 15 minutes minimum between feedings. If she woke before then, we would try everything but the bottle to hold her off. Then the next night it would be 1.5 hours minimum, etc. Basically a modified version of Ferber (he suggests moving it up 30 min every night, but I find that too fast).

I've read several sleep books, but so far I still think Ferber has the most logical system. Since DD2 has started to sleep a bit better, I'm hoping the 4 month wakeful is coming to an end and we won't need to do sleep training, but if it gets worse again, I'll probably use the method I described above. You could give it a try, but if you want to, I would suggest you first read Ferber's book so you understand the concept behind the method.

Hang in there, it will get better!! DD1 was also a horrible sleeper and didn't start STTN consistently until she was 2y1m old, so I'm not telling you to hang in there lightly. It WILL get better! On really bad nights, I tell myself "hey, at the latest when she's 13, she won't be wanting me to come into her room anymore even if she still is waking up at night, so only 11 more years to go (for DD1)." Wink

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"