May 2013 Moms
Options

XP: Overdue birth story

Short version: My handsome rainbow baby arrived 5 days late on Thursday, May 9th, 2013 at 2:25 p.m. DS weighed 8 lbs, 9.5 oz, 19.75 inches long, with a head circ of 14.5 in.

Long version: After holding steady at 1 cm dilated for over two weeks, my due date came and went with no sign of labor. At 40w4d, I had a non-stress test, ultrasound, and regular OB appointment. Both the ultrasound and non-stress test were fine but since I was only dilated 1.5 cm (way for another .5 cm), my OB decided to have me report to L&D that night to have a foley bulb inserted with induction the following morning. I went home, finished packing my bag and hung out with DH for our last few hours at home, just the two of us.

We reported to L&D that night, had the foley inserted and settled in. After a few hours of sleep, I got up, showered, and prepped for the big day!!! At 7:15 a.m. my OB came in and checked me. I was 4 cm! She broke my water and started the Pitocin. I pretty much knew I wanted an epidural but wanted to labor for awhile before getting it. By 8:45 a.m. contractions were coming fast and furious and I decided I was ready for my epi. The nurse checked me and I was at 6 cm. Good thing I asked for my epi then since I ended up waiting almost an hour. Once I had my epi, all was well :) Labor was pretty uneventful with the exception of DS's heart rate dropping at one point. Thankfully, with some oxygen and a change in positions, his heart rate came back up. Close to 2 p.m., I decided that I needed to push. After 20 minutes of pushing, DS was born.

DH and I are so in love with our little miracle!!! He breastfeeds like a champ and is already 10.2 lbs at almost 6 weeks old. I can't thank you ladies enough for all your advice and encouragement over the last 9+ months.

BFP #2: 08/23/12; EDD: 05/04/13 ~Please stick little one!!! DS born 05/09/13 at 40w5d

BFP #1: 05/05/12; EDD: 01/01/13; m/c: 05/21/12 ~Forever in our hearts~ 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

Re: XP: Overdue birth story

• Options
    We have the same baby birthday and a very similar labor story (without the induction)! And my birth story is way over due too!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Congratulations!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations!
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats!  Sounds like everything went smoothly for mama and baby.
  • Options
    Congrats!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• Options
    What a good birth story! Congratulations on your precious rainbow!!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"