Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Glasses

Hi all. My twins both need glasses. They are a year old and I can't help feel sad. I think they'll look adorable but I'm afraid they'll be made fun of. Does that still happen? Any experience with pediatric glasses? They both need +5 which seems pretty strong. Does it get better with time? Haileys eyes are already starting to cross but Ella's don't. I was just really surprised they both needed them. TIA!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Glasses

• Options

Our son was not quite three when he got his glasses. I felt the same way you do. My first reaction was sadness. I thought about him being "different." I wondered if people would assume that he was developmentally delayed. I felt so sad that he would have to deal with the hassle of glasses for the rest of his life. And I worried about how we would deal with the hassle of a two-year old wearing (destroying?) glasses.

Then, I took a deep breath, and realized that this was such a minor issue in the grand scheme of things. I talked to some friends who have kiddos in glasses (although, none this young). And I found this FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/littlefoureyes/

Jack does so well with his glasses. When we picked them up at the optical shop, he did a double take when he looked at me -- it was like he was seeing me for the first time! So sweet! And he is absolutely adorable in his glasses. He gets nothing but positive feedback from family, friends, strangers.

Hopefully, the glasses will be so helpful to your girls that they'll just want to keep them on and leave them alone. Miraflex seems to be the preferred frames for little ones. Good luck, Mama!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Most of the time young hyperopic children plus power glasses grow out of the need for eyewear. Don't worry, kids in glasses are adorable, and they do outgrow the need, so they won't be teased in school.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aw glasses are cute!
    Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"